3. Volendam
We always wanted to see Japan, have been all thru' China & Thailand before , the rest of the cruise was a very pleasant Bonus, especially Vietnam, loved the food and the people there. I tell you that having Dr. Kam's lectures was so amazing, what a wonderful man he is, a real bonus for HA. I also would like to comment on Markus who gave the Gem-stone talks this boy knows his work, so fun. I journal for every cruise so I take notes on every lecture and presentation. I always want to learn. Josh and Phil were great too, took their notes as well. The entertainment was awesome, loved the Volendam dancers and singers, good variety. Movies pretty good. The cruise director never could spell her name, was awesome so fun at the trivia contests. The Captain too was great, he hd a lot to deal with, especially in Shanghai. All of the crew were superb going the extra mile for all of us. I heard some of the beef was tough but on the night we had surf and turf it was excellent. In general the food was good, could be a little hotter but it is hard to do for so many people, soup always hot and delicious, and the bread pudding, to die for. I just want to say some of the comments I have read were not pleasant, not all people are pleasant, you can please some of the people etc. It was a busy tour, but we made it and what a great place to end it but in Singapore---Wow what a beautiful place!!!!!!!!! Evelyn and Russell Green

A wonderful learning experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Volendam Cruise Review by Parkcrest

Parkcrest’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Volendam price drops

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin J 2585
I would like to say we loved our cabin boys Anwar and Iful. So adorable !!!!!
Always there with a smile and greeting " Hello Mrs. Green, how are you?"
They even left the towel monkey in our room for days at our request.
I have to say there were issues with the room beside and cross from us. Dryers in the hall, funky smell, but things happen and we understand that. Our room was just fine.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins