• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

keithandtatiana
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Classic Verandah Suite

We wanted to learn more about South America. Specific highlights that attracted us were zip lining in Costa Rica, Panama canal transit, a visit to Machu Picchu and a visit to the Falkland Islands. Our trip started in Fort Lauderdale and ended in Buenos Aires Argentina.

We had sailed with SilverSea on one other voyage to Alaska. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the experience since I do not like group travel in general and cruise ships in particular. So we thought we'd try it again with them. However, this was going to be a much longer cruise (35 days) and on a larger ship (590 passengers). So the old skepticism crept in again.

My overall impression was expressed in superlatives. This is an exceeding well run company. I run a small manufacturing company and I know how difficult it is to acquire, retain and manage good staff. But, without exception, I was pleased and impressed. we were both pleased with the genuine friendliness of the staff. Many new us by name and our preferences in a relatively short time.

Classic Verandah Suite

Cabin CV

Overall the cabin was excellent and was well maintained during the cruise. The bed must have been excellent as we slept and napped a great deal. Only a few minor negatives. The cabin was equipped with only a few US mains outlets. We picked up some adapter plugs in Key West to solve the problem. The veranda door squeaked when latched closed when the vessel was in a moderate or greater seaway. Generally, when practical, we kept the door slightly ajar to solve the problem.

Find a Silver Muse Cruise from $4,230