3. Norwegian Getaway
We chose this cruise because friends we had made on the Breakaway 2 years ago had booked this cruise and asked us to join them. First time on the Getaway for us. We arrived in Miami Friday night and to the ship Sunday morning around 11:00. Boarding was very organized and simple. We were on board sipping our first drinks by 11:30. Great job NCL! We found entertainment such as the Burn the Floor and Million Dollar Quartet shows really great. The comedians were hit & miss. We really liked Lenny. The Steam & Dream show was okay but others in my group said they loved it. The bands and lounge acts around the ship were okay. We still don't understand why they bands are not playing island music to help enhance our idea of being on vacation . Instead we heard a lot of loud, thumping music in spite of there not being that many younger folks on the ship. It was okay. Service was excellent all the way around except our second night in Le Bistro. I can only chalk it up to the wait staff for our table having a bad night because we were in there for dinner the second night of the cruise as well and the staff was fantastic! Only complain it we all found the food there to be too salty. Still really good and highly recommended. We went to Cagney's the first night of the cruise. I LOVED my rib eye but 2 others in my group hated theirs and said it was filled with fat and grizzle. Ports were not our favorites. I did not get off the ship but the others did the Secret River tour in Cozumel and said it was really fantastic. I saw the pictures and it looked like a lot of fun. They also did the zip lining in Belize and had a great time. We spent time in the casino every night and I have to say this is the first ship I've seen people win significant amounts throughout the cruise (no, I was not one of them sadly). Although we were not traveling with children I was very surprised to see how many children were on board when one night while dining at the La Cucina we saw the children pass by in a pirates parade. It was beautiful and so much fun. Let me to believe NCL must be doing something super great with the kids to keep them so occupied all week that I never noticed how many were on board. Overall I'd recommend the Getaway to anyone (families, solos, children, etc). Captain and officers were friendly and available. They did a great job!

Another great Haven Experience

BeachCruiserNJ’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H5 16130
Cabin was as we expected. Plenty of room and storage. As always balcony is not deep enough . Naveen (Butler), Christopher (Steward) and Hanno (Concierge) were all amazing and went above and beyond. Extra towels, pillows, coffee. Lounge chairs. A beautiful brochure describing all the ports we were visiting (made special by Hanno the Concierge).
Deck 16 Suite Cabins