3. Celestyal Majesty
Chose the cruise as a break, flew from local airport to places not been to before. Have been on a few Thomson Cruises with no bother. Staff friendly and helpful. Entertainment good but maybe too loud ( I carry ear plugs at all times in the shows. Food very good for the cruise cost, variety and service good. Did not go to the pricey speciality restaurants. Excursions good specially the Amalfi coast drive. Cruise spoilt by the obstructed views in the outside cabin which we paid a supplement for and we knew it was obstructed but no mention of the fact it was 70% obstructed. If we had known it was that much we would not have paid the extra. Needless to say we asked for a different cabin but was informed the ship was full. The Reception confirmed it was a 70% obstructed cabin. So if they knew why was it not entered in the brochure. Complained to head office on return but fobbed off with the usual standard phrases. I was not asking for compensation for the whole cruise cost just the portion attributable to the extra paid for an outside view. I was not going to ask for a cash refund , a credit note for the portion would have been acceptable. Head office customer sevices were not sympathetic as far as a credit was concerned. They stated I should have phoned the Holiday agent. (phoning from Palma to U.K. )! When nothing could be done as ship was full would have wasted more of my money.

Beware of obstructed view cabins, can be 70% obstructed!

Celestyal Majesty Cruise Review by Normandyave