• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Cocktail Hour at the 2nd deck bar
Shore excursion
Galapagos Tortoies
Sea Lion
Enjoying the stunning view on the top deck

I typically do not leave online reviews for anything, but since there are no reviews currently online for the Xploration I feel obligated to share a little about our experience to help others with their planning.

My wife and I just returned from our Galapagos trip and I can say with confidence the trip far exceeded our expectations and we that we were completely blown away by our experience on the Celebrity Xploration. For context, I have been on about 5 previous cruises and I generally like them. My wife has been on 2 other cruises and was not inclined to go on any more. I had to do a lot of convincing to get to her on this one.

Since there is ample information on what the Galapagos Islands themselves have to offer, I will focus this review on our specific experience with Celebrity and the ship.

Cabin Suite

Our cabin was spacious given the overall size of the ship and the small balcony was nice for relaxing and enjoying the view. The furnishings and fixtures were all in good repair and worked perfectly. Plenty of hot water and pressure in the shower, which was huge after a long snorkel! Each cabin has a TV which can play movies from the ship's DVD library.

32 Helpful Votes