• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

lynajb
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2013
Cabin:

My mother organized this trip for 4 family members. We'd only done private charters previously, but this was fantastic. A truly wonderful experience. A 90 passenger boat, service is personalized, you get to know some of the staff and the other passengers. The food was fabulous, and I am hard to particularly please in this category. I hear the ship was renovated recently, so it is likely even nicer than when we went. I shared a twin room with my brother, and only had one night where I had to take dramamine for rough seas. They keep a bowl of it on one of the decks (thank goodness). The Santa Cruz II ship was very comfortable and had a nice layout. They don't have broadway-type shows like I've heard the huge cruise ships have, but they did have music and we danced the nights away with our fellow passengers - a style I much prefer as it involves participating in the fun rather than observing a "show". The Santa Cruz II staff that lead our groups around the different islands were second to none: Informative, friendly, and professional. This is one of the ships that is considered mid-range in terms of price, but I can't imagine it being any better.

1 Helpful Vote