3. Adventure of the Seas
This was my husband and I's third cruise with RCI. We stayed in San Juan two days prior to the cruise at the Embassy Suites. This was a great value for the money with free breakfast and a free two hour happy hour every night! We paid around $130/night. We went to the pier around 11:30 -- and while the long was line, it was also very fast. There were plenty of RCI reps telling you where to go. Tipping the porter is typical - I think we tip $1/bag. From the time we got to the pier to the we stepped foot on the boat was maybe 20 minutes. The ship is beautiful of course, but after cruising on the Mariner and Liberty, we expected nothing less. The rooms are a bit older and show a little wear and tear compared to the Liberty but Adventure is a much older ship. No real complaints here. Ports of call -- Aruba, Curacao, Dominica, and St. Thomas Aruba was just as we remembered it on our honeymoon -- we took a public bus ride to Palm Beach -- it was $4.60 for both of us round trip and was safe and fast. I highly recommend doing the 4x4 Jeep Tour in Aruba--it is well worth the money and an excursion you will not soon forget. Make sure to request your own Jeep instead of having to ride with a bunch of people in a bigger one! Curacao was absolutely gorgeous. The buildings and the small town were one of the highlights of our trip. We snorkled here and won't soon forget the crystal clear waters and colorful ocean life. Dominica was a very beautiful island -- I wasn't sure what to expect here, but was not disappointed. We walked through the rainforest and into Trafalgar Falls -- highly recommend this. Please note that the excursion specifically says to wear walking shoes -- you WILL get muddy! We did not feel sorry for the morons who wore their flip flops, got dressed up, and whined for the entire bus ride about being dirty. You're in a rainforest, not the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. Common sense eludes many people. We had been to St. Thomas two years ago so we took a boat ride over to St. John's. Trunk Bay was the most beautiful beach I have ever been on. We were lucky to be one of the only cruise ships in port that day, so the beach was not crowded. The snorkeling trail was really neat. Again, highly recommend this. Chris Northey was our cruise director and was by far our favorite in the three cruises we've been on. He's funny, entertaining, and full of energy. He met me during a dodgeball tournament earlier in the week and every time he saw me after that, he remembered my name and said hello -- with the thousands he sees weekly, that's impressive. The shows were all very good - the ice show continues to amaze me that the skaters can perform on a moving vessel in such a small area. There was a previous poster who complained about the food (and everything else for that matter) and I am wondering if we were on two different boats? The Windjammer is a buffet...whose goal is to serve 3,000 people multiple times a day. You aren't going to have filet mignon, lobster and shrimp for lunch. They have a nice salad bar, a nice deli selection, and the typical burgers and fries. There are many other things served, of course, but there was nothing about the Windjammer that made me turn my nose up. My only complaint...and unfortunately, it's a big one, were the Puerto Ricans that were on the ship -- all 1,400 of them. I am very easy going, laid back, and easy to get along with. Sunday-Wednesday I was polite...continued saying excuse me despite being ignored, continued to smile despite being trampled while trying to exit the elevator when they wanted in, continued to be calm during the obvious rudeness and complete disregard for any other people on the ship other than fellow Puerto Ricans...until the night of the ice show. They decided to congregate right at the exit, block and fill the stairwell, and blocked anyone from moving (seriously, they WOULD NOT move) while they sang and waved flags. I'm all for patriotism....but MOVE. Don't block exits and stairwells and don't refuse to move while I'm trying to get out of the way. To any person I elbowed, stepped on, shouldered, gave a nasty look to and shoved out out my way, I wish I could say I'm sorry...but I'm not. They did this again in the Windjammer....and those in line just stopped to sing -- wouldn't move. I honestly have never seen such rudeness in my entire life. Let's just say...after the ice show, I fought back! Having said that, no complaints are with RCI - and we will certainly, without a doubt, cruise with RCI again. We will, however, never ever EVER leave from San Juan again! I didn't let this ruin my cruise, but it will certainly deter us from going there again.

Loved the Ports...not the other Guests!

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by sweetpea10995