Diamond Princess Cruise Review

Disappointing Japan Cruise

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by MuzzieR

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

We joined a 15 night Cruise from 26th October to 10th November 2017 to explore Asia. We were a group of four who chose this Cruise to celebrate a Retirement Myself and my husband have cruised with Princess previously, when we had a very enjoyable trip around New Zealand and Australia, however for the other members of our group this was there first experience of a Cruise and suffice to say they do not have any intention of cruising again. I can only endorse the review written by Rocket 2008 who very succinctly described the appalling, unprofessional behaviour of the Captain. I don't know what management school he went to but if I went around calling clients, 'stupid', 'idiots' and a 'bunch of Hyenas' I would soon be in possession of my P45!

I also agree with their comments regarding the entertainment which at best was suitable only for an 8 year olds Birthday party. Activities during the day are very poor and no pool side entertainment at all. Sadly, the highlight of our day time activities was the 'Scrap Heap Challenge' we had plenty of 'sea time' to build our boat and had a great laugh. (Plus the fact that we won was a bonus!) We found the food in the main restaurants to be very good and staff in the bars and restaurants were fantastic. Crooners Bar, where we drank every night is wonderful, Jo Jo runs a fantastic bar !!. The food in the buffet restaurant however, is very repetitive. Although we missed ports due to Typhoons, which we know can't be helped it would have been better for all if we had been pre warned (Cruise staff had been made aware of this) that we may miss the second port. Communication is key and managing peoples expectations is so important if you want to maintain a successful and credible business.

Despite the disappointments of this Cruise we met some lovely people and made the best of our time on the ship.

I have written to Princess regarding my experience on this cruise to give them a fair opportunity to respond to my comments.

MuzzieR's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview (obstructed view)

We had an outside Cabin on Deck 8 mid ships a good place to have a cabin especially on days when the sea is a little rough. ( We had a few Gale Force 8 days)

MuzzieR