3. Viking Atla
After receiving a brochure in the mail, we decided we would love to sail the Danube. We had heard so many wonderful things about Budapest and Prague and decided to do extensions in both cities pre/post cruise. From the moment we arrived in Budapest, Viking had a presence, providing information about the city, restaurants, excursions and the upcoming cruise. We had three wonderful days in Budapest - I cannot wait to visit again! The people, the food, the sights are all amazing in that city! We boarded the ship mid-day on day 3 and were greeted by an ingratiating and fun-loving crew! They made the trip so memorable with their service and their antics. We have several pictures in our vacation book of the crew that served us nonstop! I have never been treated with such grace and compassion. I can only think that Viking does a superb job in selecting and cultivating the best people - they must be very happy with their employer because they serve them well! Our first night on the ship, the captain took us for a night ride up and down the Budapest waterfront. All of the buildings were lit spectacularly and the lights reflecting in the water was breathtaking - a very memorable start to an unforgettable cruise. We stopped in Vienna and enjoyed several excursions in the city. Hard to rate one over the other because they were all wonderful but the Ring excursion was something not to be missed! These are the events I hold most memorable: the little sausage shop on the banks of the Danube in Regensberg - I cannot find anything better anywhere!; the bike ride out of Krems into the local countryside; the Danube narrows and the Abbey; the castle at Nuremberg and the WWII tour; and Prague - what a wonderful city to explore and dine in - the people are so welcoming - don't miss St Charles Bridge and the castle! What I would do differently - I would spend more time exploring the little villages and less time on formal excursions; I would make sure to see all of the stops (we went to Salzburg on a day trip - wonderul trip! - but we missed seeing anything in Passau because of that excursion and I hear it was a gem - so sorry to have missed it; Viking took care of our luggage throughout the trip - all arrangements made to get us to/from the airports and a Viking local made sure that we were able to navigate the airport for the trip home including the VAT desk. The exceeded my expectations for this vacation! We have booked a cruise up the Rhine in 2019 - I cannot wait to travel with Viking again!

Service Excellence

FloMiel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Atla price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 209
Not sure how such a small space could be so comfortable but they thought of everything from the lights to the storage space in the bathroom and closets! The beds are just the right height to store your suitcase for the duration so you can unpack and enjoy the stay!!
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins