Viking Hlin Cruise Review

Viking Hlin on the Rhine River

Viking Hlin Cruise Review by Pat_PPSL

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

From the moment I stepped onboard the Hlin, the Viking River Cruise staff made it their mission to ensure my vacation was enjoyable in every way. I spent three days in Amsterdam before my cruise and highly recommend the additional days to anyone taking the Rhine River cruise. After my final morning touring the city, embarkation was made easy by the Viking staff, and my bags were promptly delivered to my cabin. The food was excellent ever day, every meal, and the wait staff was always pleasant and accommodating. Local cuisine, fresh ingredients, and delicious meals were enjoyed by all. My cabin was neatly appointed and the steward kept it tidy and clean. The port excursions were educational, enjoyable, and well-run. Onboard entertainment was wonderful; we sang and danced with our fellow passengers and had a great time every night. Disembarkation was well organized, and the staff cheerfully saw to our last minute needs. My travel partner's trip home to Florida was interrupted by hurricane Irma, but Viking Travel took care of his every need and even upgraded him to a first class flight after his delay. I highly recommend Viking River Cruise, and would gladly take this trip (or any other Viking cruise) again.

Pat_PPSL's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Stateroom Standard 111

Neatly appointed cabin. My stateroom had ample outlets, high-quality toiletries, comfortable bedding and bath towels.

Amsterdam

I spent four days in Amsterdam before boarding the Viking Hlin for the Rhine River Cruise. What a wonderful city! I enjoyed the Rijksmuseum, the Canals, the architecture, and the bicyclists.

Cologne

Words cannot adequately describe the beauty of the Cologne Cathedral

Cologne

Dinner and a walking tour to three pubs. Delicious and our tour guide was great!

Heidelberg Castle

The Heidelberg Castle was a great choice for our excursion; beautiful inside and out, plus our tour guide was fun and informative.

View All 180 Heidelberg Castle Reviews