3. Royal Princess
Hubs and I haven't done a Princess cruise for a few years and this one fit the dates we were available. We looked forward to a nice break. We had a Club Class Mini-suite, cabin A427 (one of the peek-a-boo cabins!) and so we looked forward to a bit more pampering. I must say, we really didn't notice much of a difference. We always have a nice time when we cruise, and we aren't 'complainers', but I did find that service was slower and from what I could see it was because the staff is over worked. I wonder if they have cut back? It was SO busy in the Club Class area of the diningroom by the 3rd night they put us in THE REGULAR SECTION of the Concerto diningroom and promised that we would still have excellent service. As it turned out, our waiter in the regular seating area was BETTER than the over-worked fellow who was serving us in the club class area. I noticed the bathrooms outside the theater were messy most of the time. Garbage on the floor, toilets in need of cleaning. Our cabin was lovely and roomy. We were worried that people on the seawalk would be able to see in, but the best they could do is see my toenails if I was stretched out on the lounge chair with my feet up. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. Bad "toilet" smell in the hallway to our cabin, fortunately did not enter our cabin. All the meals were delicious. Internet was so-so. Never had a problem getting a lounge up top. Same with our last Princess cruise, the night life is pretty quiet. Early-to-bed folks on Princess. We certainly had a nice time, but this cruise did confirm to us that Celebrity remains our favorite cruise line.

Relaxing cruise, but noted a definite lack of staff

Royal Princess Cruise Review by beltane

beltane’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Cabin A427
Lovely, large cabin. Bathroom was excellent. NO WORRIES about people on the sea-walk seeing in... they cannot. It is 3 levels down from the sea walk and the best they can see are MAYBE your toes if you are lounging on a chair. They cannot see in the patio doors, the doors have a reflective treatment on them and it is impossible to see in.
  Royal Princess Deck Plans