• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin:
Arrival at Dundee

This was a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords with out two sons, which was planned as possibly our last family holiday. it was booked on the basis of value and location.

Overall we all really enjoyed our holiday on Magellan, especially the exemplary standard of food and service we received in the restaurant and elsewhere. In particular, I must praise our waiting staff, Roy and Miu, for their attentiveness and their friendly efficient conduct. My one Son, who travelled with us, works in a Michelin listed restaurant and felt that the service they offered would meet the standards expected in his restaurant.

Unfortunately, two issues impacted on our enjoyment of the cruise.

Cabin Inside Guarantee

Room was very comfortable with excellent storage for such a cabin.

However, whenever the boat was under power there was a dreadful noise in this room. Interestingly, when we walked along the corridor this noise completely disappeared a few cabins further forward of us. The level of noise was such that it was almost impossible to sleep. When my wife raised this issue with reception she was told that since the ship was fully booked we would be unable to change cabins. They did give us earplugs, which did enable us to have improved sleep; however, the earplugs gave my wife earache and left me with mild deafness. The level of disturbance that we experienced does mean that we would find it difficult to book with Cruise and Maritime again.

3 Helpful Votes