• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Avalon Siem Reap Review

Editor Rating

Read the details in other reviews

Review for Avalon Siem Reap to Asia River
nhoward
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2017
Cabin:

This was an educational, informative and in many ways an emotional cruise from Siem Reap to Saigon. The other reviews do a wonderful job of describing the ship,the meals and the tours. I would like to concentrate on the people who did such a superb job putting this cruise together as well as looking after all the guests.

I will start with Phiem our cruise director . He was always on looking after us and had planned and developed a great program. He was very outgoing in a natural way. I really appreciated the fact that he made an effort on every tour to keep us hydrated as these countries are very hot. I appreciated that we didn't just see the great temples at Angkor but that we got to understand the history, culture and day to day life of people living along the Mekong. If you are looking for a cruise of beautiful sights this is not a cruise for you although there are beautiful things to see. It was the intimate look at the lives of the people of the region and their history that really appealed to us.

Varack our Cambodian guide for the first part of the trip was very personable as well as knowledgeable as he shared stories of his life and experiences which brought the whole trip alive. He was also very easy and fun to be with.

Cabin All the cabins are the same
9 Helpful Votes