3. Norwegian Escape
I've been on 20 cruises and I would rate this as okay. It was my husband,61 and Me, 56 no children. Average age on board well under 50. Like so many we were originally scheduled to do the Eastern Caribbean but due to Irma we ended up doing 4 ports, 3 in the western Caribbean and their private island Great Stirrup Cay. The itinerary change was fine, I was happy to go to Grand Cayman and Stirrup Cay. I'm just not into crowds and this ship is crowded. The ship itself is in great condition and is kept very clean. We had a large balcony cabin located on deck 9 fwd. We enjoyed having a lounger on our balcony along with a good size table and 2 chairs. The cabin is small but we managed okay. The bathroom was small but nice. We liked the location since it was one of the few quite spots on the ship. However, it is a hike from the elevators/stairs to the cabin. If you aren't able to walk far be careful when you pick your cabin location. This ship isn't easy to get from point a to b. The food on the ship was good for the most part. The servers in the MDR are slow and not very good at getting your order right. If you want coffee after dinner order it during dinner because it takes forever to get it. I was done my dessert on more than one occasion before the coffee was delivered. We did 4 specialty restaurants: Le Bistro, Moderno, Cagney's, Food Republic. I liked all but Food Republic, but Moderno was my favorite. Not that Food Republic was bad but we paid an additional $14 for 2 mini lobster rolls that were just okay, and 5 chicken wings that were good but not great. Go to O'Sheehans if you want chicken wings, they are good and included in your cruise fare. We did Taste and Savor, they are exactly the same, for breakfast each morning and lunch most days. We aren't buffet people but did try breakfast once and it was okay. We did Margaritaville for breakfast once they have a limited selection and O'Sheehans right before we disembarked. We had the UBP and had maybe 3 drinks each per day. A few in the party were disappointed at the included wine selection. It is pretty low grade but was okay for a glass with dinner. I did Tito's with club soda and lime a lot and that was covered. The husband did beer and they were covered. Mentioning beer, one of my favorite spots on the ship was the District Brew House. If I ever do this ship again this bar may be the reason why. Look up their beer menu, amazing! The comedian on the ship was funny and worth going to, we went to 3 different shows all good. We didn't make it to the shows other than After Midnight, that just wasn't for me. I enjoyed the guy playing/singing in Tobacco Road. That's a nice bar but not enough seating. We did enjoy sitting outside at the whiskey bar, which is right outside Tobacco Road. The 80's party was fantastic the Glow party not so much if your over 35. The worst part of the ship for me is the casino! Smoky and just a pain to walk through all the time. Constantly bumped every time you walk through. I just can't stand that NCL allocated so much space to the casino and herd everyone through it. Second worst, the Atrium where they try to hold shows without enough seating and bad sight lines. Just awful planning. The service wasn't great our room steward was nice but forgot to bring our bottle of wine, beach towels, and didn't clean our room at all one night. The closet door was broken and banged most nights. The bed was okay I did get a good nights sleep each night. The bar staff was rude at the pool bar and the Atrium bar. Others were good to very good. The ports of Jamaica and Cozumel were fine. We loved Grand Cayman went to 7 mile beach it was beautiful. We were lucky and were able to tender to Stirrup Cay. It was a beautiful day there but they need a lot more seating and some shade. The buffet lunch was good. We took the snorkel/catamaran beach excursion in Cozumel and we weren't crazy about it, the reef was poor and the beach break was rushed. We did the walk off carrying our luggage. it was fast and easy. We parked at the pier and it was easy to pay and go. Bottom line, good for first time cruisers who like to party. Also, big casino area with lots of slots and table games.

Okay 7 night Western Caribbean

oldbidder1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Large Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B6 9124
Nice balcony with lounger and large table with 2 chairs. Cabin was okay. Bath small but modern.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins