3. Norwegian Escape
I sailed Thanksgiving week as a solo traveler. I picked this cruise because it was a good price for a solo and it worked for my time slot. I was hesitant about traveling solo but it turned out well. Embarkation was easy as I was able to get a transfer at the airport via NCL. Fair price and did not have to worry about my luggage until it showed up at my cabin later that day. Got to the port and I was able to get checked in and upstairs in a reasonable amount of time. Finally my group was called for boarding. Because of some of the posts I read here I headed right over to O'Sheenans for a cold drink and lunch. I had the fish and chips. It was passable but I'm spoiled as the Irish Pub around the corner from my house does an excellent fish and chips and I was of course comparing. Bartenders there were very friendly and I was presently surprised that after that first day they all knew me by name when I stopped by on subsequent visits. That seemed to be a theme at all of the bars that I frequented. I was in an inside cabin on deck 5. It was kind of cramped but as I did not plan on spending much time there it was more than adequate. Cabin steward was nice enough and I didn't really have any special requests. Food was alright as I took most meals in the Garden Cafe. I did appreciate the vast array of choices. I had breakfast and lunch once in the Savor mdr. Service was good but the food was no better than the buffet. I did try Food Republic and thought that was excellent and went back a couple of times. I was unable to get a spot in Cagneys as I would have liked to try that. I did get to see the 2 shows After Midnight and The Brat Pack. Loved After Midnight but thought the other was so so. Made reservations for one of the later comedy shows but could not stay up late enough. Next time I'll have to incorporate naps. As this was mainly a trip to unwind I found the Waterfront on deck 8 a nice refuge from the craziness of the pool. It was a great place to get a comfy seat and read or watch the sea go by. I didn't do any of ship excursions and only got off once in Jamaica to walk around and look in the shops. Overall I really enjoyed the experience and am looking forward to doing it again. But if I hear Tyler Gray say Let me hear you say yeah one more time I'll scream. LOL

Spur of the moment need a getaway cruise

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by jjenk5678