3. Celebrity Eclipse
We chose this cruise after much thought as being the best way to experience our first ever cruising venture - and I think we got it right. We wanted some time at sea to get to know what the ship life aspect was like - with some shore stops to test the water there. I felt the sea days were the best and some shore stops were not my thing. Boston, and New York were great - Bermuda needed a week and Nassau was just chaos. We went concierge, as that seemed to be a mid range experience from which we could give it a fair trial and could then go cheaper or pricier dependent on what we found. Concierge was good but the room ‘tasties’ were a waste of time and my wife said the ‘upgraded’ toiletries were poor quality. Other than that there was nothing that I really felt let down about and much I was impressed with. I should start with the staff who, with the exception of one bartender that was a pain in the neck, were close to perfect. They all seemed to know their stuff and worked very hard to give us the best time. The entertainment was also very good and the Jayne Curry influence on others was visible and appreciated. I should also like to point out the overall friendliness and helpfulness of other passengers. Negative experiences were very rare and the vast majority were pleasant to a surprising degree. I never thought that bumping into people would be so enjoyable. I must also say a special thank you to George and Carley who we were seated next to by chance on the concierge lunch at departure. We then found out that we were in next-door cabins and they kindly invited us to join them at their dinner table. This led to a lovely non intrusive friendship from which we learnt so much. This was our first cruise - we have booked two more already - need I say anymore?

Our very first time