MSC Poesia Cruise Review

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Micallek

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

My husband and I took this cruise as part of our honeymoon. I strongly recommend taking any other cruise line other than MSC Cruises. They are a nightmare company to work with. My husband and I are from Canada and we travel all over the world and really have had no major complaints in our travels except for MSC. Spend a little extra money and stay clear of the MSC Poesia.

The food was mediocre (and we are not picky...) The entertainment staff was super inappropriate. They oftentimes took advantage of Japanese passengers at their expense (they didn't understand much English and the entertainment staff would make rude comments about them when they would participate) My husband and I were disgusted and didn't participate in any of the daily activities...where we usually would be the first ones up there.

Really the only time we had fun was when we were OFF the ship. We stayed off the ship for the max amount of time. After departing the cruise... our luggage was really badly damaged. We disembarked in Venice (what a huge inconvenience to have a broken suitcase in Venice with their cobblestone streets) We retrieved the proper documentation for our ruined luggage and sent it to MSC when we returned home. It has been over 9 months and we have not been properly reimbursed for our damaged property. It has been a nightmare and a constant run around. We are continually promised someone will contact us, but again and again the customer service sector continues to dodge us. If this is how MSC handles their business I would strongly discourage people from going through the same experience as us. We have been on multiple other cruise lines and had a BLAST!

Micallek's Full Rating Summary