3. Sapphire Princess
We cruised from Hong Kong to Singapore. The embarcation was a nightmare, so much so that Princess credited each guest $50 to spend on board. I thought that that was appropriate givien the fact that people waited for several hours to board in Hong Kong. In addition, there was not a separate line for elite passengers who are guaranteed priority boarding. It was only after about an hour that the lines were separated. The cruise staff were mostly limited English speaking which made it very difficult to get any information from guest services. Many times, they did not answer the phone. The Princess Theatre, the main theatre on the ship, was in terrible condition with torn and shredded seat upholstery. That was an embarrassment. I have never been on a Princess ship in such need of repair, and this was my 23rd Princess cruise. There were also many positives. My husband and I had a suite, which was most comfortable. The bed was wonderful and the linens divine. Our cabin attendant was ever present and attendant to our every need. However only one of the two TVs in the cabin worked. We had club dining and found the food and the wait staff excellent. We did only one ship tour in Singapore which was fine. The other tours were all arranged privately prior to the sailing. I found that there were fewer activities during the days at sea than on other cruises. I spoke to several people on this cruise, all of whom had cruised Princess before many times, and they all thought that this ship was in the poorest repair. I understand that it is going in dry dock in March, which, I believe, is several months at least, too late.

Sapphire Princess in desperate need of dry dock

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Oceanside gal