3. Viking Sun
The food was great! Not the kind of food that you have to have alot of. The smell, visual and taste was enough to satisfy. There was no expensive "umbrella drink" hard sales, or casino (which was good). We were surprised that our lecture speakers were all old, white men (5 of them). Is there no woman that has something interesting to speak about to (dare I say...) a ship full of women???? My largest disappointment was that the Viking bed sheets gave me contact dematitis. The soap they use and the scratchiness of the sheets surprised me! When I asked my steward if there were other sheets on board that were less scratchy she said "no"! On day 3 (after mentioning the concern each day) I was given 2 pillows that were washed without laundry soap. This helped...but I still continued to get rashes fron the sheets themselves! I would have thought that a line (like Viking) would have soft, allergy-free linens. We thoroughly enjoyed the French cooking class (extra $) worth the experience. The wine at lunch and dinner was a nice touch, except it was all French wine...and the same taste each day. It would direct you to purchase the beverage package for "the experience" of dining/pairing. If you are just looking for wine without a pricetag...it is fine. The music offered on the ship was perfect for us (guitarist, pianist and 3 piece orchestra. Evening shows were good. Loved the movie afternoon with popcorn. For us...one of the greatest things Viking offered was the cappacino bars. What a treat! So...we had the great and the missed on this trip...our expectations being met in some areas and fell wayfully short in other areas.

So much good ... a little missing

Viking Sun Cruise Review by YosemiteCruiser

We thoroughly enjoyed the French cooking class (extra $) worth the experience.

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Dear YosemiteCruiser, Welcome home. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our culinary offerings, onboard amenities and the Kitchen Table cooking experience. We appreciate both your praise and constructive feedback and thank you for investing your time to write it. Nevertheless, your experience with the stateroom linens is unexpected, and we would appreciate an opportunity to discuss it in greater detail to review onboard hypoallergenic options. Please send your booking information to TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that a Viking representative can give you a phone call. We hope to hear from you, YosemiteCruiser, and wish you a lovely day. Warm regards, Viking Cruises
YosemiteCruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

Great cleaning job...I just don't understand the poor sheet quality!!!