3. Caribbean Princess
Apparently Princess cruise lines has lost sight of what customer service is. My wife suffers from medical dietary restrictions which limit her food intake to simply cooked fish and poultry, nothing exotic or difficult. Pre-cruise we gave a detailed letter outlining her diet, cooking requirements (i.e. poached only, no added spices, oils) and were assured this was no issue. To confirm this when we arrived on-board we met with the Maitre D who again assured us this was no issue. "If my chefs can't cook this they shouldn't work here" he told us. For two days all they would cook her were poached eggs, at one point refusing to thaw any fish for breakfast. Her request was only for poached fish and a baked potato but apparently even that was too much for 217 chefs. The ship shut down the dining room every port day which meant they would provide her only breakfast and supper in the dining room. We tried to make arrangements for lunch food on port days in the buffet restaurant but that too was futile. Every day that arrangements were made the head waiter in the buffet refused to follow through, at one point shoving an index finger in my wife's face (remember; she hasn't had a proper meal in 3-4 days) and told her "I told you I wasn't going to cook for you". After 5 days of running back and forth between the dining room and pursers desk we finally met with the head of Food and Beverage on day 6. After almost 6 days of a 14 day cruise fighting to be fed we finally had gotten high enough to get some satisfaction. We were offered $500 onboard credits ("take it or leave it") and finally the hammer came down on the galley staff to serve food as required. Post cruise we asked for further compensation given that, in our opinion, we had lost nearly half our cruise (an $8000 investment before cruising) and spoiling the whole cruise. We were offered a $125 future cruise credit with the caveat that Princess will NOT accommodate my wife's' diet in future. Emails to the VP of Customer Service have not been replied to. Customer service have phoned twice (no paper trail) to tell us we're not banned from Princess, they're simply not going to cook for us. Isn't that the same thing? Princess will cook gluten free, Kosher, dairy free, nut free but won't poach a piece of fish or chicken. Go figure. We sailed on the MSC Opera in March 2017 with the same dietary restrictions without a problem. In fact they doted over my wife trying to meet her needs. Since returning another family member has travelled on Regal Princess. They happened to notice that the tv wasn't working one day and reported it to staff. A $200 onboard credit appeared on their statement for the inconvenience. But starve a woman for 6 days and ruin a vacation? Well that's only worth $500. Insult upon insult. I have avoided using the public domain to air our grievances until now but after nearly two months of getting nowhere with them it's time to bring out the big guns, you guys. Princess has lost us as customers. We are booked into 2019 for five weeks of cruising valued at over $30,000 on another cruise line. Princess won't see a penny. Thanks for listening.

Customer Service?.....not on your life.

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by LoyalistCDA

LoyalistCDA’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC L310
Spacious and clean. Despite being very close to the pool area on the Lido deck it was quiet with a good view of the sea. Being on the 15th deck gave you an excellent unobstructed view of the sea and though forward there was little to no sense of rocking motion. Our complements to our room steward, Romeo who was attentive, polite and just a phone call away if you needed something.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins