3. Norwegian Spirit
I only chose to do this cruise last minute because of the great deal I got but wow it was great to be back on this lovely ship. She is small to medium size, only 2000 passengers, which makes it large enough for you to have space when you want but small enough for you to feel the intimacy. She is also one of the better looking of the Norwegian ships. My cabin, a balcony, was adequate though I would not want to try and fit 3 people into it and as usual the bathroom area was tight. What was usual about this trip was even though it was mid November it was warm and sunny enough for me to use the balcony which was small and only had seats. Food was great thoughout the ship and I used all venues except sushi. My only complaint was windows as this venue is directly below the theatre and if the production is on while your seated it is very hard to have a conversation with people around your table. NCL do a great job with their solo travellers, one of the major reasons I use them, and this cruise was no different. We had a lovely group and our host was friendly and helpful. My only real down side was that some of the ports are so large that when I look out I am daunted by the length of the walk to get to the buses/taxis especially now that I am getting older and my mobility is lessening. I wish sometimes they would provide those little buggies you see at some airports.

The friendly ship