3. Carnival Breeze
We chose this cruise because it was going out of Galveston. We would not have picked this itinerary but it was what was available for Thanksgiving week. I have been to Jamaica on a couple of land trips and a couple of cruises, so there was nothing I really wanted to do, so we just did the Hop-on Hop-off bus. We had a very safe driver on the outbound trip, but they take you to the farthest place first and work their way back. We wanted to go to Doctor's Cave beach. When we got there they wanted admission and fees for chairs, etc. which we weren't aware of, and it was looking cloudy and like it was going to rain, so we just went to Margaritaville about a few minutes' walk away. After about 20 minutes after we arrived, the weather took a very bad turn. It got incredibly windy and while we could see the ship before the storm, once the clouds and breeze rolled in, you couldn't see even a half mile and it was starting to look very scary. We decided to leave to head back to the ship. The island traffic is horrible on a good day, but there later came a flash flood causing a few hundred passengers to be delayed on the return for several hours. We just beat the flash flood back to the ship. In the terminal there was a huge line of about 500 or more people and it took us about 40 minutes to get back on board. (there were 4700 people this particular weekon board due to the holiday.) Having done Dunn's River Falls several times and having seen much of Montego Bay in past years, we probably should have just stayed on the ship. Oh, well--we have Grand Cayman tomorrow. Cayman was good--did the Stingrays for the second time and Rum Point Beach. Our crew on our boat to the stingray sandbar were great. They let everyone feed the rays and allowed time for everyone to get pics who wanted them. They charged 40.00 for all digital photos that they took, or one for 20. We brought our own water camera but still bought their pics. Next we took a short trip to Rum Point Beach. We liked it but bring tons of money if you want drinks and food. 12.50 per 8 ounce drink and our bill for 2 drinks and chili cheese fries came to 38.25 with a tip added in that I did not notice until we left (and I added more without realizing they had already charged us for the tip. Look carefully at your bill first! More expensive than the ship's drinks! On the ride back to our bus pick-up point a crew member cleaned out two large Conch and prepared us fresh conch with barbeque and onion sauce. That was a first for us! Our boat staff were a great team and we enjoyed our excursion in Cayman. In Cozumel we went to Ocean Club Beach which I thought was a prior beach we had been to, but as it turned out, it was not at all the place I had described to the driver. Been to Cozumel approximately 25 or more times. This was my least favorite beach I have been on. Dirty water and very rocky on the bottom. This was the first time I didn't go into the water past my knees. It was an incredibly choppy water day too. It was an all inclusive unless you just wanted to go a la carte. If you want ice, they charge a dollar if you didn't buy the food and drink package which one of us did and the other did not. Our location was poor--we were about 10 or more rows from beachfront, so I wasn't comfortable leaving things unattended where I couldn't see them. We were in the back corner of their beach chair area and the chairs were stained and kind of "yucky". It was very crowded and many vendors were trying to sell things from pharmacy to plates, to fish pedicures to massages, etc. What was most annoying was the music. Kind of a Mexican rap which literally gave me a headache. We should have gone back to Passion Island or Sancho's or Paradise, or even the other side of the island. But hey, live and learn! At least there was no rain! Ocean Club was not my kind of place but others may have liked it. On board, the entertainment was not as good on the Magic but it is really dependent on the bands and comics that are scheduled for that week. I am not a big fan of just the sing and dance shows. I think I am a little jaded by more impressive shows on other lines. But one of my favorite times was with Mike the cruise director. He is awesome. He did "trivia" in the atrium and he is a master of getting passengers involved. Extreme Kudos to him. Also a shout out to the maitre'd who was able to accommodate our dining preference. Our waiters were all good--Sreesam's team was my favorite. And though I have had Guy's before, I have also decided that I LOVE Guy's Burger Joint. I am a die-hard Whataburger fan, but these are, (gulp) BETTER! My very favorite food that I look forward to on a cruise is escargot, but these snails fell flat. They lacked the garlic/salt flavor that I am used to. But they redeemed themselves with the Steak and Eggs on the Brunch menu.dt The slots are super tight, perhaps the tightest I have seen on a ship. An interesting thing that happened was that on the last night, they give away a free cruise. They called 6 names and called two of those names twice. (out of probably 1000 or more names) The crowd booed loudly. What is interesting about this is that one person's name that was called multiple times is a person who already gets free rooms because they spend many thousands in the casino. mSo giving away a cruise to a person who already gets a free room costs them nothing. It was obviously rigged as the same names came up at earlier casino games during the cruise. If you are a whale, your name will get called, probably multiple times. So if I had 700 points, I had 7 entries but if I had 70,000 points, I would have 700 entries. (and yes, there were people with more than 70K points!) And those people who had all those entries were called multiple times. I thought everyone had a fair chance at winning but the more money you spend, the more entries you get. Hmmmmm. Let's change subjects: The 3 electric violin players where phenomenal and play a range of classical to popular. WE missed having a real rock band on the ship. The Groove band tried to play some rock, but that is not their wheelhouse, so we weren't drawn in. The comedians were okay, but the manager would play rapp "entry music" and then be mad and chastise the audience when they didn't go crazy for him. He should learn to cater to his audience--who didn't appear to like rapp. But he kept using the same type of music to do his entry and be mad when they didn't clap. (take the clue!) Overall, our cruise was fun, but I don't think I would choose this ship again. Not because of any one specific thing, but because of an overall average feeling that didn't measure up to past cruises. There were certainly good points like great steward, great waiters and a fabulous cruise director. I wish Mike the very best on his new ship-- we enjoyed all of his activities. The ship is very clean and is nicely appointed, but I would rate my cruise as "slightly above average" overall. Please take this with a grain of salt as your mileage may very well vary. Generally all cruises are fun overall!

Some great points, some not-so-great points. Nice ship overall.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Another ship trip

Another ship trip’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Spa Interior
Cabin 4S
Cabin was an interior spa cabin. Carnival is pretty basic and one boat's cabin often looks like the next. The cabin is a little smaller than earlier ships at 186 square feet. This one was about 160. Nothing special in cabin but steward Denys was excellent. Glad to see there was no minibar in the fridge that I would have to ask to be removed. Mattresses are not very comfortable but pillows were better than some other ships. We have sailed on the Magic (same class of ship as Breeze) and the cabins are the same. I wish there was more variation in the cabin types and such, but Carnival is the most cookie-cutter line. They appeal to the masses.
Spa & Sports Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins