Carnival Dream Cruise Review

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Deeswim

• Sail Date: Nov 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Just just got back and had an amazing time on the Carnival Dream!

We had a great time and would definitely sail on the Dream again

We had an interior room on Deck 7- since we are never in our room. We had no complaints. But, as I said, we are never there... plugs worked well, shower and toilet were fine.

Food- was amazing!!! We always do set dining and had 8pm dinner in Crimson. Our wait staff was top notch and dinner was one of the highlights of our trip. Carnival put my husband and I at a table with another young couple and we are now BFF. We started getting most items on the menu and we would just share everything. Food was fantastic. The local selections were wonderful, especially the fish. The only disappointment was the creme brulee but everything else was cooked great!

Definitely eat at Guy's BBQ- best food on the boat! Mid shift- deck 5 from 12-2:30 each da. Tandori- the Indian food was also very good!

Entertainment- comedy shows were wonderful! We preferred the first two comedians over the second two, but went to a show almost every day. The shows in the theater were wonderful- singing was better than the dancing but a lot of thought went into to the sets and were very well done. I usually find them cheesy but really enjoyed them all. Was a little disappointed with Clue.. i thought it was going to be done at one time, but we are so busy, we missed a lot of clues so didn't follow it well. Bingo was really expensive considering the pay out and that was a disappointment. $40 to play ne day for max prize of $400 was a little steep for me. On other cruises, i play every time, but we skipped the rest of the trip.

Casino- we gamble a lot and i played a lot of craps and had a great time. the pit boss and dealers were all friendly and had a good time. Husband played poker and was a little disappointed by how much the house took, but he still played every night.

Music all over was great... the man at the piano bar was wonderful- and the cruise staff for games, trivia, tournaments were great.

We also really enjoyed the art auctions and came home with a couple pieces that we were really happy with.

Drinks- we got the unlimited drink package since we were without kids and thought it was well worth it. My husband had 10-12 drinks per day and I had 7-8 per day. We had latte's every morning at the coffee bar and got vitamin waters and bottled water every morning to take off the boat on excursions that was a great bonus for us. The bartenders at the Alchemy bar were amazing and that was our home away from home while on board. In my opinion- the only place to get a drink! They were wonderful!

Excursions-

Roatan was our favorite port. We loved it. We set up diving privately with Sun Divers and had the best day and a wonderful experience. We talked to other divers who booked through Carnival and they didn't have a good experience so i think it would be best to book your dives on your own.

Belize- we did the cave tubing and zipline. It was a well oiled machine but wasn't as enjoyable as I expected. everyone was roped together so closely and there were so many teams, it was hard to really enjoy it. I don't think we would do it again. And it was over an hour on the bus each way.

Cozumel- we did the amazing race and even though we had crummy weather- it was raining and windy, we had a great time! The people who put it on were great and we had a blast!

Overall, we had a wonderful cruise and can't wait to book our next one!

Deeswim's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4E 7337

What we expected- we were only there to sleep and change!

New Orleans

Wow- what an amazing city! Can't wait to go back

Roatan

Our favorite spot!

We booked a dive company ourselves and had the best day! If you are diving in Roatan, contact Sun Divers- they were amazing!

Cave-Tubing

it was a long drive for short ziplines and the caves were neat, but it was really fast and so many people that we didn't get to enjoy it as I expected.

View All 375 Cave-Tubing Reviews
Amazing Cozumel Race

Loved it! Even though it rained and was really windy, we had fun running all over the city!

View All 42 Amazing Cozumel Race Reviews