3. Celebrity Eclipse
Jose, our cabin steward for 1505, was generous, pleasant, and extremely good at keeping our cabin clean and organized! Our Blu restaurant waiters, Tyrone and Ljuben, made our evening meals very special and were a good team. Tyrone was a consummate professional, always very concerned with our well-being and satisfaction. Ljuben was also professional, but showed us a wonderful sense of humor, and remembered our preferences...in my case, Creme Brullee. I had doubts about whether I would like Blu, which was for the Aqua class passengers, and had a reputation for “healthier” food. Well, the food was tasty, and I still gained weight! They put my doubts to rest! Gilly and the Girl were magical....perhaps the best non-main theater act I have seen in more than 100 days of cruising! Michael Redden was also wonderful, and the James Taylor show they performed together was a highlight! We also greatly enjoyed the four talks given by Eddie, the cruise director, as they were amusing and informative. The Eclipse orchestra was excellent, but the saxaphone player was a standout! We weren’t particularly happy with the production shows, other than the closing show, Euphoria, which was wonderful! We don’t fault the talented cast, but all three earlier shows were...I don’t know..avant garde? We didn’t really get them, and we weren’t alone. My suspicion is that it is an age issue. We are in our mid-sixties, and I assume the corporate entertainment designers are attempting to appeal to a younger market. The relaxation room, close to our cabin was a wonderful, and often private, delight! The Solarium was such a pleasant place! I enjoy a late night meal, and was a bit disappointed at being limited to pasta. Actually, though, the late night food selection and the baffling production shows were my only complaints, and I am sure both of those things are decided at a corporate level. Everyone who serves, entertains, or manages on this ship did an amazing job! We came away feeling very pampered, and looking forward to another cruise!

A pleasant Caribbean fourteen days!

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by snakerivermusic

snakerivermusic’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2 1505
Roomy deck 11 balcony cabin, just a couple of doors down from the bow. Very quiet with almost no traffic. The wonderful Relaxation room was just steps away, and it was extremely conveniently located near the spa, fitness room, solarium and evening entertainment. It was a bit more of a hike to the food, but the Aquamarine Cafe, (mostly healthy snacks), was just upstairs. We loved it!
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins