Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by AMH1959

• Sail Date: Nov 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

This was our third cruise on RCI. It was a rescheduled cruise from May 2018, due to my sister-in-law's illness. We were so excited to take a cruise over a holiday. Embarkation was challenging. A RCI employee directed us to a line to obtain our sea passes that turned out to be for disabled or those needing assistance. The counter clerk was very upset that we were in that line. We originally started in a regular line but were pulled from that line to the new line. We repeatedly told the counter agent that we went where we were told to go. We waited in line for quite awhile. She never waited on us even though she was not helping anyone else at the time. We eventually were recognized from another line clerk that took care of us getting our sea passes. Talk about feeling like that phrase "between a rock and a hard place"! Once on board, things were fine. Our room was as expected with a beautiful balcony view. Our room attendant and wait staff were wonderful! Our BIG complaint was that the food was average at best and lukewarm or cold. The only hot meal we remember was at Chops Grill - the food was fabulous!! We had breakfast at Johnny Rockets one morning. Pancakes and eggs were barely warm. We wondered if they had gone down to the main dining and carried them back from the buffet. Several of us ordered toast in several venues. It was basically warm bread with barely, and I mean barely a hint of toasting. We were also shocked at how bad the free coffee was. We finally decided to start buying Seattle's Best each morning. SO disappointing! Allure of the Seas is a big ship. Our cruise was a sell out. I'm sure we will sail with them again. However, I think we will select a more mid-size ship. We have sailed on Freedom of the Seas and had a fabulous experience.

AMH1959's Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 12596

Our cabin was fine. The bed was comfortable with plenty of covers. Lighting was adequate with reading lights on each side of the bed. Our suitcases would not quite fit under the bed so we had to stand them upright next to the sofa. The wardrobe was adequate with plenty of hangers and shelving for our clothes. My husband thought the in-room safe was smaller this time but we honestly can't be sure. The television was easily viewed from most locations in the room. The bathroom was fine with adequate storage. We especially liked the night light! We enjoyed using our balcony. I wish we had chaise loungers and a small table rather than the two chairs and table that were there. I enjoy stretching out with my book or a cup of coffee. Our backs got tired sitting in the chairs that were there. I will say that one afternoon, we played cards on the balcony. The table and chairs that were there fit the bill. May I have my cake and eat it too! LOL. Our room attendant was Howard. He kept our room in tip top shape! By the time we got back to our room after breakfast, he had already serviced the room. Our room was always made ready for bed by the time we got back from the early seating in the dining room. Howard took very good care of us!

Labadee

It was our first visit to Labadee. We decided to stay on board and enjoy the wave runner and rock climbing wall. It was nice to feel like the ship was "all ours". We would definitely do a shore excursion next time. The zip line looked like so much fun! We would also do the jet skis/wave runners too!

Falmouth

We enjoyed shopping in the port. Jewelry and rum made the trip home with us!

The gentleman operating this excursion advised us that the sea conditions were very rough and that there would be no snorkeling due to visibility. Prior to us signing the consent form, we were offered a refund. My sister-in-law and I decided that we would not go but our husbands went. They had a great time! We appreciated the man's honesty about the sea conditions. Our husbands said that we would not have enjoyed it. We are glad they did! We ended up taking a taxi into town for a day of shopping. We had a delicious lunch (with a little tequila!) and purchased some beautiful silver jewelry and vanilla to take home. We enjoyed Cozumel very much and are looking forward to going back!

View All undefined undefined Reviews