3. Brilliance of the Seas
I choose this cruise because of the price, the itinerary, and I'd never cruised on RC before. And I won't be back. RC- if you do NOTHING else, you must institute a seminar for First Time RC Cruisers ONLY. Have one per each 5 days at sea. (Let's face it - the longer the cruise, the older the passenger, the more we need review!) This seminar should be all about the loyalty program. During this seminar, you should treat us like were were Platinum, and then tell us how we get to be like that on every RC cruise! Explain all the levels and what they mean, etc. Raffles do seem to be good, too! Jim and I kept running into places we couldn't go (breakfast in Chops Grille?!?!) or perqs we couldn't get and we had NO IDEA what Diamond Plus meant or how to get it!! There were MANY other little things (two levels of approval to get Housekeeping to bring me some lotion; uncharging for everything; no chocolates on the pillow). The Brilliance is in great need of updating. My sink was broken and there were large divots in the wall. And why did I have to hear my neighbors flush their toilet, sing, or turn on their TV? Oh wait, here's another: The enrichment activities that I attended were great! BUT they were led by fellow passengers and apparently RC didn't do anything to compensate them. That's rude. RC could offer them dinner in Chops or one of the other eat-for-fee places. I thought that was so cheesy. I gave them 3 stars because their were things that were out of their control and, more importantly, there were some amazing, fun, outrageous, beautiful, hysterical (I participated in The Quest.), great times on this vacation. we did have some really fantastic times!!!!! And the cabins were considerably bigger than those on the Princess ships we know. On a brighter note, we'll be doing the Panama Canal on March with Princess. I called them. They still do pillow chocolates and every cabin gets lotion, bath gel, shampoo. and conditioner in their own private little containers.

Not a fan of Royal Caribbean after just one cruise!

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by JillandJim

JillandJim’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

The Brilliance is in great need of updating. We had a balcony on deck 10. My sink was broken and there were large divots in the wall. And why did I have to hear my neighbors flush their toilet, sing, or turn on their TV?
  Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans