3. Carnival Breeze
So, this is our (wife and I) 4th Carnival cruise and our 4th different ship (previous ships are the Ecstasy, Triumph and Liberty). Embarkation was a breeze (pardon the pun) as we had FTTF. From walking into the terminal to getting to our room was about 20 minutes. A big part of that, aside from FTTF, was that your sail and sign cards are sent ahead to your cabin. So all you do now is go through security, and board. We booked an aft balcony cabin along with spa passes (spa rooms were all gone). We had one excursion booked through Carnival for Jamaica, Cayman and Cozumel were booked with private providers. We like the decor of the Breeze, more contemporary than our previous cruises. None of the gaudy/loud "old Vegas" look. Layout was similar to the other ships we've been on. Larger "water park" and the ropes course were fun additions. One thing that was missed was a true sports bar. Sure, they had some TV's at the pub, but it wasn't really set up like an actual sports bar. As far as the overall vibe on the ship, I have to say it was, for lack of a better word, quiet. What I mean by that we there were several dead areas of the ship through the days/evenings. Karaoke at 4:30??? Lounges and the club areas unused for long stretches. We talked to several other passengers about this as well, and they all thought that this cruise was "off" when it came to the onboard activities specific to the entertainment areas of the ship. The night club was only in use after 11pm (why not have Karaoke in there until then??) the piano bar was also mostly unused. On deck/atrium activities seemed like the usual stuff, so I don't know why the rest of the entertainment was lacking. As mentioned, we had spa passes that gave us unlimited access to the thalassotherapy pool and the assorted steam/sauna rooms. Wife really enjoyed the pool, while I loved using the steam rooms after working out in the fitness center. We used the spa almost every day. One minor complaint, is that they don't really monitor it. A few times I just had to move on to the next room because some folks seemed to thing that everyone needs to hear their personal gossip. Otherwise, a fine experience. As far as excursions go, I'll address the Carnival provided one only. For Jamaica, we chose the Chukka Kayak, Zip line tour. Departure on a mid-sized bus was prompt and pleasant with a fun driver named Regan. After about 30-45 minutes, we arrived at the center for our excursion (which also served as the start point for several other excursions). It was chaotic to say the least. With so many different tours going on it was tough to make out what we were even supposed to be doing. A little better direction here would be appreciated for sure. The excursions itself was a lot of fun. That last zip line was exhilarating. Minor quibble (going back to needing better direction) was the the Kayak portion started immediately after zip lining. This wasn't communicated to us beforehand, and I left my waterproof cameras behind assuming we would return to the initial muster point and be able to get things out of the lockers ($5 for the lock BTW). The ride back, after kayaking, was almost the most exciting thing about the excursion. If you've ridden the Kong ride at Universal Orlando or Dinosaur/Indian Jones rides at Disney Parks, it was like that...but in real life! We even had a blowout, which did not stop us. We encountered some heavy rain on the way back which apparently caused some issues with other tours. We were almost 2 hours late leaving port as a result. Our private tour in Grand Cayman went well and the one we had scheduled in Cozumel was cancelled due to strong rip currents. Food on the cruise was good. We tried the Lido Buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We dined in the main dining room as well for brunch and dinner. We had dinner on our last sea day on the Fahrenheit Steak House which was excellent. I do wish main breakfast buffet access was moved to a earlier time as I am an early riser and wanted more than the continental breakfast options that were offered. Food selection was decent, but the lack of healthy prepared sides was disappointing. I had lot's of big salads to make up for it (I mean really, no green beans, carrots, corn???). I read many complaints about runny eggs, but we didn't encounter that on our cruise. So, overall it's what we've come to expect on a Carnival cruise, which Is good, varied food. Debarkation was a little bumpy as we experienced a delay due to foggy conditions. They did not announce this early enough, as we were already in the staging area for FTTF (The Ovation Theater). So, we sat there for an extra hour. But, once it got rolling, we were off the ship and through customs quickly. While there were some issues (which I think can all be easily addressed) we had a great time and would sail the Breeze again if the itinerary was right. We're looking at trying out the Vista next year.

Breeze-Lots of Fun...but...

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by tweak89

tweak89’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 8456
Cabin was nice, typical for this class. We try to get an extended aft balcony when we can, but the standard one is nice as well. Everything in our cabin was in good working order. The television, though working, had some sort of delay when changing channels. Talking to other guests, this was not an uncommon occurrence. Luckily, that was the worst of it.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins