3. Enchantment of the Seas
I was originally looking for a land based All Inclusive vacation when we decided to take a cruise. I chose this cruise and ship based on the dates and duration of the cruise. Since I have never cruised before, I wasn't really sure what to expect from any of the ships and have no loyalty to any cruise line. My 13 year old son and I flew into Miami the night before embarkation day. We stayed close to the airport and used Lyft to get to the port the next day. We got to the terminal close to 11am and gave the porters our bags. We did not have luggage tags so he quickly made them and we were off to the entrance of the terminal. Check in was fast and fairly painless although the guy who helped us could have been a little more enthusiastic about the process. He directed us to a seating area and told us we'd wait 30 minutes to board. When we got there, we were directed to go ahead and board. We ate our first meal in Chops. We were the only ones in there for the entire time. It was such a great first cruise meal experience. Or waitress was lovely and attentive. She was very helpful with all of our questions. We felt like seasoned pros when we left Chops. Most of the rest of our meals on board were in the MDR. We really enjoyed our servers and the food was very good. It was nice to be waited on and we tend to prefer table service over buffets anyway. We did eat in the Windjammer a couple of times. I wasn't overwhelmed by choice or food quality. It was ok but not something spectacular. My son enjoyed the Park Cafe salads and roast beef sandwiches. He went as often as he could. Our cabin was nice and bigger than I expected. I thought it would be a airless cave but it ended up being quite comfortable and more than enough room. BTW - we had 3 US plugs and 2 European plugs in the vanity area. I was surprised to see so many after hearing otherwise. We walked around Nassau a bit but not for long. We visited the Pirate Museum which was interesting, shopped a little and then headed back to the ship. I do have to say that I didn't notice any issues with the Enchantment until we were next to a Disney boat. It sure made the Enchantment look old and rusty and small. But none of these were things I noticed on a whole. We LOVED Cococay. My son did the teen snorkel and I sat on the beach under an umbrella all day. We did not visit the buffet on the island since we were happy with the hot dogs and drinks that were offered next to the beach we were at. We were on the beach early and were able to see lots of fish including Sand Sharks near the floating bar and a Stingray. We did not leave the ship for Key West instead choosing to relax on our last day on board. We were required to show our passports in the morning this days but it was fast and painless. I did purchase the Deluxe Drink Package for myself and the Refreshment Package for my son. We both used our packages to their full value. I'm not normally a heavy drinker but I easily found a way to drink 4-5 cocktails/wine a day. Not to mention the same in water. We learned the 2nd day that the Starbucks was included in our packages which made it even more of a value for us. BTW - Starbucks will require you to wait 5 minutes between drinks to be covered. This is about the amount of time it takes a 13 year old boy to down a Caramel Frappuchino. I attended all the shows. I really enjoyed the comedy shows but I do think the regular shows (Stage to Screen and Can't Stop The Rock) could use a little updating. The performers were wonderful and hard working but the productions seemed just a little old. Like from the 90's old. Not the good kind of old. Disembarkation was weird to me. It didn't seem like we were on time and I expected more announcements ship wide. We went to our meeting place and were let off about 30 minutes after the time on our instructions in the cabin. Not sure what I expected but it might just be because it was my first time experiencing the process. Overall, we really enjoyed our trip and will be looking at cruising again in the future. And next time hopefully for a longer time. I would have been happy with just a couple more nights.

Thoughts From A First Time Cruiser

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by zippydodah

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

zippydodah’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

I was absolutely expecting a lightless, airless cave but was pleasantly surprised by what we found there was plenty of room for all of our stuff and for us. There were more plug than I expected (3 US, 2 European) in the vanity. Had heard horror stories about the shower curtain but managed to get the bottom wet enough for it to stick to the shower lip and it never attacked me. The beds were comfortable. Our attendant was amazing. He works very hard and I'm not sure when he slept. He was often times vacuuming late into the evening.
  Enchantment of the Seas Deck Plans

• Nassau
    Just explored a little on our own in the town just past the port. We didn't seem bothered by sales or tour operators. The people we encountered at the straw market were nice and we chatted with several of them. The Pirate Museum as well laid out and we really enjoyed it even though it felt a little short.
    View All 5,992 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    This was the Teen Excursion. It was run by the one of the teen staff from the boat so my son was comfortable and enjoyed his time. He had access to the water park which he didn't spend a lot of time at. He also managed to have access to the giant slide. Not sure if that was a mistake as I didn't see it included in the description but he enjoyed it immensely.
    View All 72 Snorkeling Reviews