3. Celebrity Solstice
This cruise celebrated our 30th anniversary and we found a wonderful experience on the Solstice. From the the moment we walked onto the ship, we were greeted with champagne and smiles and we got a warm and enchanted feeling of what was to come. This was our 4th cruise, first on Celebrity. Our other cruises were on Carnival ships. Although we loved the decor, we missed the dramatic lobby's that Carnival ships are noted for.

Immediately we were encouraged to go up to the Lido deck for some lunch, as our rooms would not be ready for a few hours. Everything was fresh, new and extremely clean! The staff was friendly. The food was outstanding and the selection was very nice. There was an elderly man slicing the roast beef, who quickly became my new friend. He greeted me each day carving meat for me.

The Solstice serves different flavors of ice cream, in addition to soft serve, and always had a line of excited cruisers trying to try new flavors.

Our room was in the aft of the ship and the balcony seemed larger because off from the edge of the railing was the very large extension from the restaurant just below us. At no time did we hear noise from any direction.

The only inconvenience would be the layer of soot that developed on the balcony from the smokestacks. I put 4 fresh pool towels down daily - one on each chair, one on the small table and one on the balcony floor so I never stepped on the balcony and tracked soot into the room. I learned it the hard way by getting soot on my feet and on my clothes. I took advantage of the balcony, but the soot annoyed my husband. He preferred going up to the top of the ship or to the pool to relax.

Our dinner table was upstairs (center of the room) one table over from the railing. We found our waiter Ita (I think that's his name) and his helper Ati very funny and outstanding. They took very good care of us, greeted us by name and always brought us 2 desserts each night. I always tried something new, but loved their creme brule! My husband tried 2 entres most nights and videoed everything...They did napkin and magic tricks most nights for the children next to us that made it extra special.

We did our own shore excursions on the trip.

The Solstice was a wonderful experience!

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Greek cruiser

We did our own shore excursions on the trip.

Greek cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Sunset Veranda
Cabin SV 6308
This is in the very Aft of the ship - balcony developed soot on the chairs, table and floors.

I enjoyed leaving the door partially open and hearing the wake of the water.

Balcony seems larger because there is a restaurant just below that jets out 15 or so feet to the edge of the ship.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins