I saw an article offering no single supplement on this Hurtigruten cruise (11.11.17) and investigated it. Sounded good, so I booked it. Flew from Sydney to Bergen - warm weather to icy chill! Dinner on the first night was buffet style, but after that each night - bar one - it was a set three course meal - no choices. However the choices for breakfast and lunch were excellent - particularly if you like seafood - and cheese. The only complaint I have is that the hot food could have been a lot hotter - some times it was just warm. Hurtigruten prides itself on supporting local suppliers and often what we had for dinner was bought fresh from a local port that day. While the coastal voyage states that it calls into 34 ports - don't be fooled - this is a mail/cargo/passenger run and so often the ports are at all times of the day and sometimes only 15 minutes. Usually each day there is a major port stop with excursions offered - quite pricey - but most times there is a good map available on board so that you can walk around yourself. I had bought rubber slip on "spikes" to attach to my boots and was able to walk on snowy and sometimes icy streets with confidence - after the first cautious steps. On board we had cultural and information talks about Norway and its history. Don't expect any entertainment at night - there is an occasional story telling at 9.30 - and you may be lucky to be called from your bed for the Northern Lights but that's it.

Absolutely fabulous

Nordlys Cruise Review by sandiefran

Flew from Sydney to Bergen - warm weather to icy chill!

On board we had cultural and information talks about Norway and its history.

sandiefran’s Full Rating Summary
Get Hurtigruten Nordlys price drops

I went single and there was plenty of room, however it would have been a little tight for two. The wardrobe has those stupid hangers that have to be unhooked to use, and they are front on to the door, not sideways and that makes them harder to use.
The shower was excellent, hot and good pressure, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner supplied as well as an old style hairdryer with not much "b;ow"