• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Nov 2009
Cabin:

The reason I have decided to write this review is that I had read so many contrasting opinions on MSC that we had become very wary indeed . In fact we approached our cruise with apprehension. Our experience in cruising is four cruises on the Norwegian Gem.

We sailed on the Splendida in the Med in November. Our first impression of the ship was that the statement " the most beautiful ship in the world" was true. We had previously sailed exclusively on NCL, and while their ships are lovely, we felt the Splendida outshone them in luxurious fittings and design. The Svaroski studded staircase in the atrium we had heard so much about was truly magnificent.

I had done a lot of research and was fascinated when we actually boarded and started seeing in reality all the things I had seen in the virtual world.

We had a balcony cabin on deck 10. The cabin was roomy with enough storage space and well designed. The balcony was small, just enough space for 2 armchairs and a table.

previous reviewnext review