3. Celebrity Solstice
The cruise before ours had a gastro issue so the ship cleaned thoroughly before we boarded. First issue was I called Celebrity more than a month before the cruise date to request that we disembark in Melbourne as we live there, I was given a form to complete and an email address to send it which I did, I received no response at all, about a week before I resent the email stating that I had did not receive a response to my first email, I received an auto response quoted they would contact me, still waiting for it. Due to the cleaning of the ship we could not board at the original time but had to check in at the convention centre and wait there until we were instructed, we were given different times of boarding, there was no communication from the ship to the hundreds of people waiting, no food or water was given to us, we were given a $25 credit on our account. Once we were on board we were instructed that our cabins were not available yet. They did the emergency drill when about half the people were not on board. When we were allowed to our cabin our luggage was not in our room, we were told that it was straight to our cabin when we dropped it off around 1pm. When I booked the cruise I requested an early dinner as we do not like eating late, this was not on our booking. Over the first week we had 4 phones call from them and several visits by us to the guest relations counter as we were given different times each time about disembarking in Melbourne. Due to the issue on the last cruise we were not allowed to serve ourselves in the buffet area for the first 3 days. Every time we entered another area we were confronted with a person with a sanitiser as I have dermatitis and the chemicals in their sanitiser set it off so I told them I was allergic to it so I was not allowed in any of the shops, I realise that they to be careful but being denied entry into a shop I think was over the top. A lot of the meals in the main dining room were barely warm. Speaking to one lady she was served raw meatballs in one of the restaurants that you have pay for, 3 times she sent them back. The entertainment was lacking something, they were excellent singers but lacked something and a violinist really!! No comedian and no Las Vegas shows. We spoke to many people on the ship who had cruised with Celebrity before all previous cruises were great but this cruise would be their last. We had cruised with Royal Caribbean and Carnival both were excellent. WiFi is so expensive $25 for 1 hour and it is an hour straight you can not divide it up so you use a little each time, it also drops out all the time. We did not use any of the excursions as they were expensive and we would rather do our own thing.

First and last cruise with Celebrity

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by jude1951

jude1951’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 07 1701
Our cabin was in the middle at the front of the ship, which was great as we could see where we were heading level 7 over looking the helipad, we thought we had privacy with this cabin until they invited some guests up there for drinks when we were leaving ports, they could see right into our cabin, yes we could have closed the curtains but why should we. We could not go up on helipad as it was closed off and only available for some guests.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins