MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

Different

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by clamper

• Sail Date: Nov 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

Looked forward to this cruise and ship, this was the second of the year with MSC after the fabulous Divina in February 17 & Splendida Sept 16, I knew exactly what I was going into.

This ship is a fantastic modern marvel of ships & pride of the fleet but thats where it ends, in my mind there is something missing and I couldn't put my finger on it, yes you get the usual europeans in the buffet, lifts and anywear they think they have to be first in/out without queuing/waiting but it's not that.

For me it was the bars /lounges a strange set up - Edge bar (best bar) few seats & tables that soon filled up with people not drinking, reading or playing cards (their prerogative).

Champagne bar with no-one in, which is bigger more seats tables than the edge bar that only sells champagne and prosecco! I don't do champs or prosecco more of a G&T man so that bar was out for us.

Sky lounge - biggest lounge plenty of tables & chairs, Jazz singer and band all night one drink and your out of there but it was never full or busy.

Tv lounge quite entertaining if you like European tv comedy think Eurotrash, the English pub was ok in the afternoon food was good but you had to pay for it, felt different in the evening with not many people in.

The sports bar was a joke compared to the Divina/Splendida and reminded me of a sports centre reception we had one drink in there and didn't go back no TVs to watch sports!!

The Galleria Meraviglia bit like the trafford centre but I get it and enjoyed it best part of the ship.

Food - Main restaurant small portions, bland food plenty of sea food if you like it, I don't pay for restaurants we had a package steakhouse, Eataly & Kaito sushi & Teppanyaki which is only the sushi part (we did pay for teppanyaki) now this package is good value but be warned the menus are very short if you don't do seafood be warned, in my opinion the food in eataly was crap after eating in the Divina eataly I expected something of the same it didn't by a long stretch after a complaint to the MaitreD' he organised food I can eat in Kaito Sushi so thanks for sorting that.

Steak house excellent apart from the fillet the wife got 8oz on the plate looked lost it had shrunk so much was cooked med, my 14oz sirloin looked like a 14oz sirloin on the plate cooked the same med' starter of goats cheese tart with blueberries was excellent.

Buffet was the usual MSC joke they have this down to a fine art but we are use to it and except it for what it is.

Room interior deck 13 very small but comfy I lived out of suitcase wife filled the small wardrobe.

I could go on about all parts of the ship but I won't.

To credit MSC Boarding/Disembarking is the best I've had (all 3 cruises) the staff Waiters, bar service, room services are excellent and work hard while keeping happy.

Reception you only speak to them when you have a monetary/billing issue and you are on first name terms by the end of the week but they sort everything out!!

Will I go on Meraviglia again......... Maybe.. ish!

clamper's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Interior (Fantastica) 13056

Small with little storage, apart from that ok.

clamper