• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Norwegian Jade Review

Editor Rating
1947 reviews
22 Awards

Small handicap accessible cabin thats not very accessible!!

Review for Norwegian Jade to the Caribbean
kmcnamara68
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin: Obstructed Oceanview

We loved the itinerary and the price was right for this sailing. The renovation of the ship was done very well at first glance. However, the devil is in the details. For example, La Cucina had a face lift but left the old chairs that literally are falling apart. I am a average size male, height and weight proportional, and the chair literally was swaying while i sat on it. Also, some areas of the ship did't receive any attention during the dry dock. Making the ship feel a bit disjointed and like the renovation was done either in a rush or half heatedly. For the most part the staff was very welcoming and attentive. The food and beverages were very good but nothing extraordinary. All and all we had a good time but feel the ship is missing the opportunity to be the best it can be and what we have known what the NCL brand can achieve.

Obstructed Oceanview

Cabin OK

The cabin was small and oddly shaped. It was difficult to get in and out of the cabin if I was alone as there are no automatic doors and on our sailing the toilet was broken 5 of the 11 days. In addition, the room had electrical issues. The location of the cabin is great and is why we booked it. However after experiencing how difficult it was to access the room via a series of ramps off of O'Sheehan's and seeing the size of the cabin verses the many other cruises we have been on, I would think twice about booking this cabin if you are confined to a wheelchair.

Port Reviews

New York (Manhattan)

We love sailing from NYC. It is always a different experience every time yet is still a magical one!!

Dominica

Originally we were supposed to stop in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Due to the hurricanes we were switched to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic instead. I feel this port need a few more years before they are prepared for cruise ships. Also, it is a tender only port at this point. Be prepared for very choppy seas while you tender as it is very windy and there are high waves most season in this area.

Aruba

Unless you are just going to the beach or going on an excursion then just stay on the ship. We shopped for a bit and then went to a local casino and had a nice day in port but had I known that there really wasn't anything to do in port other than shop or gamble, than I would have booked an excursion.

Ocho Rios

We HATED Jamaica. The islanders are pushy and rude to the point that my arms were literally bruised by the time we returned to the ship from the people trying to pull me into their huts to by the junk they claim the make by hand. If they do then they all make the same exact crap because every hut was selling the same crappy junk. STAY ON THE SHIP AND DONT BOTHER!!! And if you do get off dont take anything from anyone! If you touch it they expect you to buy it. Its a hateful, scamming island not with the time or money to even see.

4 Helpful Votes