3. Magellan
I chose this cruise as it had good iteniary. At Honinsvag the ship could not disembark customers as the tidal height had been miscalculated and the exit from the ship could not be used, we had to wait two hours while steps were erected from a lorry resulting a lot of unhappy people waiting to disembark, when the steps were in place further problems arisen when they were very steep and the elderly found it very difficult to negotiate. At Alta the passengers had to duck down very low at there return to the ship to board. one man said his wife had to crawl ( but I did not witness this). The food in the buffet was pretty average, the main dining rooms gave exceptionally small portions (one tip is to ask for extra steamed veg from the small print at the bottom of the menu page) the food quality was poor. Two consecutive sea days were boring as there was very poor entertainment and not much else. The decks were not opened early enough in the morning for a stroll around having been taped off for the previous storms. The deck crew (engineering)seemed to be quite unfriendly. Sea days had nowhere to sit in the buffet - I took my food to my room. The Captain was changed after the first stairway cock up but I am not sure if this was anything to do with it ! In rough seas we were forbidden to use the lifts. In the health spa the sauna did not work properly we had to keep asking for it to be reset, the door on the steam room was plastic and had warped it also had a bolt on the outside to keep it closed ! the showers were cold only. The cabin water was over treated with chemical and tasted foul. Disembarking was badly organised they changed the exit door leading to chaos and a slow disembark.

Waiting for the shore Gangplank !

Magellan Cruise Review by hiking

I chose this cruise as it had good iteniary.

one man said his wife had to crawl ( but I did not witness this).

In rough seas we were forbidden to use the lifts.

hiking’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Cabin was very noisy when the ship was sailing, I did not have one good nights sleep the noises came from an ill fitting metal panelled ceiling, which was creeking all night as if someone was walking across it ! the bedside lamps rattled and I jammed a flannel in both to keep them quiet. Wardrobes were creeking also and when I went to wedge paper into them I found previous guests had been there also. Room was not hovered for 14 nights.
I used earplugs every night.