Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Inspre360

• Sail Date: Nov 2017
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

We choose Norwegian as we had cruised with them before and we had a great experience. This time, not so good. We had persuaded out relatives to come along with us, and wish we had not. A great pity as it was a bucket list holiday for us and a retirement present to my husband from me his wife. We took the Premium drinks package which included coffee and juice.

No one mentioned that this was restricted to the restaurants only. Otherwise you have to pay for a proper coffee. This felt like a misrepresentation of the facts in order for us to take the cruise. I don't drink alcohol much but do enjoy coffee. So not a great deal for me. I had a conversation about this and was reassured that I would get my specialist coffee.

Panama Canal crossing was badly managed or not managed at all. People had got up extra early to reserve places. This was not shared by any member of staff. The result of this was I was walking around aimlessly trying to see and unable to. I have a disability and am short in height therefore lost out on the main highlight of the cruise. The serving staff were excellent and made up for some of the shortcomings. The entertainment was varying in quality, we enjoyed the comedians. The dances were often repeats of show we saw a few years ago on our previous Norwegian cruise.

But overall we left with an unpleasant memory of what should have been a memorable time for us.

Passengers should be informed of the tender ports when booking excursions. In Nicaragua we had a long delay due to tendering, which resulted in a long drive to a place then a short stay no time for a meal, and a had long drive back. All in all, a stressful day with little enjoyment. But an expensive bill.

Every day we read that sun beds should not be reserved, but people did, and nothing was done about it. This meant that we were often without a sunbed. As senior citizens who can't sit for long it meant we were often wondering around trying to find a comfortable place to sit.

Inspre360's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 0112

Overall cabin was good, we had an excellent guy who kept it clean and tidy.

Los Angeles

this was embarkation day, which was a shabbles.

Acapulco

We had joined with a large group, which meant we were able to negoitate a good deal. we had a marvelous day.

Inspre360