3. Celebrity Silhouette
Great trip overall. Met nice people and plan to keep in touch. Martini Bar was our "go to" spot every night at 6. Music was not good--screechy Skyla drove us crazy. Bought drink package for 1/2 price the second day. Paid off -drinks are very expensive otherwise.Casino is smoke-free, which was a plus, and not too crowded. We did very well--others, not so much! Food is excellent--no need to go to specialty restaurants and pay extra. Did Any-Time with Jayson and Vinesh every night. They were top notch. Shows were OK. Individual acts were much better than crew shows. I'm spoiled by Disney and Royal Caribbean--even Carnival. Tried to play Trivia with Wil but he was annoying and dismissive. Found better ways to spend our time on board. Perfume/Cosmetic shop Andre asked me if I was "on a budget" when I refused to pay for Chanel moisturizer. Another woman gave me a hassle when I returned a concealer. Tried to imply that it was "used" when it was never even opened. Very pushy and rude salespeople. Sue Denning was the best cruise director I've had in 40+ cruises. We did our own private land tours--found on Tripadvisor. They were superb and well worth the slightly extra $. Missed Toulon due to weather and a terrorist threat. Getting off the ship in Ft. Lauderdale was horrific. No crew to help with wheelchairs. Jammed up on deck for 1/2 hour. Not ready to go that long on another cruise, but itinerary will be the determining factor.

Rome to Ft. Lauderdale

Babs960’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A1 1540
Clean and well maintained by Pious, our cabin steward. Located Forward and Starboard side which gave us great land views and spectacular view of Gibraltar at sunset.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Private Tour
    Mercedes van with guide took us to Montserrat early. We were able to attend a private Mass in the Basilica which houses the Black Virgin. Extensive tour of Barcelona, visit to Parc Guell and Sagrada Familia, Tapas lunch, tour of the Olympic Stadium and city sunset before returning to the ship.
    View All 51 Private Tour Reviews
  • Florence & Pisa Tour
    Weather was miserable but guide got us to Pisa early enough to avoid storm and to Florence for entrance into see statue of David. Only a 25 min wait. We lucked out. Beautiful city.
    View All 247 Florence & Pisa Tour Reviews
  • Private Tour
    Hard to locate tour guide initially. Mini bus with 18 people. Mic was not working--had to change to bigger bus. not easy to get around city--lots of unnecessary walking. My husband and I wound up in a delightful cafe, sipping wine and listening to street musicians until the group returned. We had the best time--on our own and people watching. Valldemosa, same thing. The group was led to a cafe that was overcrowded and understaffed. We went to another restaurant with exceptional food and did shopping on our own. Turned a bad experience into a positive one.
    View All 18 Private Tour Reviews
  • Rome (Civitavecchia)
    Rome by Night All the highlights. Excellent tour
    View All 2,209 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Walked to a wonderful market for locals--shopped for cheese, olives and bread. Strolled along a pedestrian walkway lined with restaurants and shops. Beautiful island. Clean and pristine.
    View All 14 City Tour Reviews