3. Norwegian Spirit
Just returned from my E. Mediterranean cruise on the Spirit. I choose this cruise specifically for the ports. I flew into Rome two days early. I organized two shared shuttles with Civitavecchia Shuttle Express. They arrived on time both times. The boarding process was quick and smooth. I thought the ship was fine, for me this is just a mode of transportation to get from port to the next. I've never been on any of the new mega ships. I actually like these smaller ships just fine. The food in the MDR was not that great, went in there three times then decided to just stick with the buffet and ate at Shoguns twice which was great. The buffet will have themed nights like grill extravaganza, oriental, seafood, Mediterranean. The food was good, I think at this level of cruise that is what your going to get it's not gourmet. The first stop Mykonos we had to tender off the ship, it took about 1.5 hours due to the wind picking up and being on tender number 12. We just waked around this port DIY. Athens you walk right off the ship the hop & off buses are out of the terminal to the right. Took the H&O bus into Athens I had already been here so I went to the Ancient Agora, Plaka, and walked a little then back on the H&O bus. Ancient Agora was very cool. Rhodes you can walk right off the ship and cross the street to the Medieval Town, DIY here too. Palace of Grand Masters is closed on Mondays so that was a bummer. Santorini I'd been here before I rented a car and did my own thing didn't want to be rushed around by a tour guide. Crete there are local buses waiting to take you into town, DIY here too. Went to the Maritime Museum just a few euros the main one is the red two story to the left of the waterfront. Valletta we went on an excursion with Malta Private Guide they did a great job. Sicily we went on a shared excursion here too with Sicily w/ Mario. Naples another shared excursion with AP Tours "Full Amalfi Coast" both this port and Sicily were nice but to get to these places it's such a long drive. But they were gorgeous. I had a great time even it rained in Mykonos, Sicily and my last day in Rome. I will cruise again with NCL, actually already have a Carribbean cruise paid for with them and gave a deposit while I was on this cruise because they match it dollar for dollar. It's always sad to have to leave the ship and come back to reality. Had a great time.

Eastern Mediterranean

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by tmt3698

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

rushed around by a tour guide.

Sicily we went on a shared excursion here too with Sicily w/ Mario.

I had a great time even it rained in Mykonos, Sicily and my last day in Rome.

tmt3698’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 11123
My cabin was an inside guaranteed cabin I ended up in 11123. Inside cabin plenty of space for me, good sized closet with shelves inside. Lots of hangars. Bathroom was a fine too, very large shower. The bed was wonderful and the pillows were great two. They had two firm and two soft.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins