Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review

First Cuba cruise

Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review by Maria V

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Cuba

I chose this Cuba cruise because my husband wanted to go to Cuba and I wanted to go on a cruise. First time for both of us. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

The ship is an older, smaller ship but very clean and well staffed. The pool and hot tub were tiny (only 1). But I didn't really go on this trip for swimming.

The crew were amazing!! The waiters/bar staff were excellent. This trip included tips but the service was so good that they deserved extra tips!

The food in the buffet and the a la cart (Almathia restaurant) was very delicious and plentiful.

The bar menu covered many drinks; liquers, wines & beer (can), Spanish coffees, etc,

I really enjoyed the rose wine with dinner, my husband preferred the red wine.

The excursions were all very good, just remember to bring a water bottle from the ship before leaving. Every excursion did include an alcoholic drink which was nice.

Daquiri at Flordita bar in Havana, rum punch in Jamaica, Cuba Libra in Cienfuegos and Rum in Santiago.

The entertainment team put on amazing shows in the evening! Danny the entertainment director was so charming and informative. He is from Romania and speaks many languages. He has been with Celestyal Cruises since 2006 I believe. Martha was another standout person on the ship. Very outgoing and enthusiastic!

I would recommend this cruise to anyone who would like to see Cuba with everything all included in the trip.

Maria V's Full Rating Summary

Cabin deck 4 4140

The cab was cozy enough for us. The only problem we have is the size of the bathroom was so tiny. The shower area had a curtain that did not prevent the water from going out from underneath onto the floor. We had to place a towel on the floor each time after a shower.

City Tour

Great city tour of new and old Havana. Stopped at Flordita bar for Daquiri's . Ernest Hemingways's favorite place for a drink. It was packed!! There was some musicians playing great music there as well.

View All 251 City Tour Reviews
Cienfuegos

Beautiful tour of Cienfuegos. Stopped at a yacht club (don't remember the name). Such lovely views! We could see our Celestyal ship off in the distance. We were entertained by a band playing great Cuban music. Wanted to buy their CD but they were sold out!

City Tour

Nice tour of the cemetary where Fidel's gravesite is. Unfortunately we were not allowed to wander around the cementary ourselves. The guards kept a close watch on everything. Saw revolution square.

View All 40 City Tour Reviews