3. Allure of the Seas
This cruise was chosen because my brother was getting married on it. They originally chose the cruise for the ports (Bahamas, St Marten and St Thomas) but our ports got changed at the last minute due to hurricane damage. We didn't mind, since we hadn't visited any of the new ports, so it was still exciting. Others in the party had visited them previously, but I didn't hear any complaints from anybody. The ship itself is amazing - looking at it made me wonder how it could even float. It is huge. Inside it is beautiful. The various themed decks were very well done, right down to the nature sounds in Central Park and the carnival feeling on the Boardwalk. I was pleasantly surprised at the attention to detail that I saw over and over while exploring the ship. The stateroom was roomier than I expected it to be, and the bathroom was very generous in terms of space. The bed was very comfortable - I slept like a baby every night. Our room steward was excellent - he learned our names right away and did a great job of looking after us. We had breakfast meals in the Windjammer (buffet) and dinner in the Grande each evening. Our wait staff in the Grande were fantastic. They were attentive to our needs and tried to bring us what we wanted before we knew we wanted it. The meals were good for the most part - I had two meals that I didn't enjoy as much as I'd hoped, but everything else was good. They didn't have a lot of variety for fish of the day, which surprised me, but their selection of soups, entrees and desserts was very nice. The pastry chef on the ship is fabulous - he made two cakes for our party and both were very good. Moist, tasty, not too sweet. The headliner shows were great - we saw Mamma Mia! which was done very well (the actors had great voices and the sets and costumes were equal to any I've seen on stage) and Blue Planet, which was like a Cirque de Soleil show. The athleticism of the acrobats and dancers was amazing. Amber Theatre is a bit light on seating, so even though we had reservations some of us still ended up standing for Blue Planet, which was disappointing. We also saw the Monopoly-based ice skating show, which was fantastic. The skaters did a great job and we all enjoyed it a lot. For the most part the service was good. Once or twice I felt overlooked while waiting for a pop refill at one of the bars on board, but the majority of the time the staff went out of their way to ensure that our needs were taken care of. Anytime we saw staff in the corridors or elevators, they greeted us and asked if we were enjoying our vacation. The activities on the Sports deck were a lot of fun. I found it a bit unclear as to how to participate (zip lining and body boarding) - a bit more signage or information in the Compass newsletter would have been helpful. The staff were excellent about helping people get prepared and for making sure people were safe. My 10 year old niece tried body boarding and the staff did a great job of making sure she had a good experience, since she's so slight that the water just wanted to push the board all over the place. There were line ups for the activities, but the staff kept things moving so that everybody had the opportunity to participate. Our ports were Nassau (Bahamas), Labadee (Haiti) and Falmouth (Jamaica). We booked RCI excursions at Nassau and Falmouth. The ports were all good - getting on and off the ship was a simple process and RCI made the requirements (Sea Pass and passport) very clear several times. The tours were enjoyable with tour guides that clearly enjoyed entertaining tourists and showing off their countries. This was my first time cruising and I wasn't sure what to expect. I have to say that I really enjoyed it - more than I expected to. The service was excellent and the quality of meals and entertainment was second to none. The staff were very friendly and made each of us in our party feel special.

Lived in the Lap of Luxury

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by KLADCkrs

KLADCkrs’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

See above
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Falmouth
    Our driver (Garfield) was amazing - so funny and very interesting. He made the 30 minute ride from the port to the plantation fly by as he told jokes and interspersed those with facts about Jamaica and Falmouth. The plantation was beautiful, and the guide there was very knowledgeable. The food at the high tea was very tasty. Chukka Tours did a great job with this excursion
    View All 12,995 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Falmouth Cruise Port Review
  • Labadee
    Labadee is a lovely place, but a bit of a let down as a port. I wanted to get a souvenir from there, and the port shopping was very limited. It was cool to see the zip lining over the beach, but otherwise we went back to the ship fairly early.
    View All 1,797 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Labadee Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    Our driver was very good. He knew the script but he added his own flavour to the tour as well. He had a great sense of humour. We squeezed in a lot of Nassau in our three hours, but it was worth the money to be able to see so many things. At the end, he took us to his favourite restaurant to try conch fritters, a local delicacy. That was a nice surprise for us.
    View All 303 Island Tour Reviews