3. Jewel of the Seas
The cruise was great. The staff was excellent and went out of their way consistently. The ship lacked a quiet room/library and had very little reading material. So make sure you bring your own. There were board games on the ship, but most of them were missing pieces. I was surprised that they don't restock every cruise. The internet service is intermittent, especially when we were in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. I did not get why they charge $25 for pool towel you don't return. It is not like you could take them home, or you would even want to as they are old and worn. The deserts need work. They clearly don't know the basic ingredients of most good deserts....Flour, Butter, Eggs, Milk. The were incapable of making bakery cookies, they could not even make a basic butter cookie. In fact the pastry chef who I spoke to on the ship didn't even know what a butter cookie was. The measl in the main dinning room were good, the buffet not so much. Park West acted inappropriately throughout the cruise. They boarded on harassment. Constantly stopping guests and trying to persuade them to attend their auction. During the action I attended, they mocked guests who went and did not participate. They also lead guests to believe that the pictures were original, they were not. They did not inform US citizen of their right to refuse pictures they bid on. They overly inflated the value of pictures. They showed a lithograph done by Peter Max and told us that it was worth $20,000, but today they would give it away by starting the bidding at $8,000. In August 2017, the original was sold at a gallery in East Hampton NY for $3,800. Surprisingly the cruise had more gay people than I expected. I would estimate that 10% of the people on the cruise were gay. Most of them were couples and kept to themselves. It would have been nice if they had more LGBT events then the one bar at 11pm nightly that they designated as a meeting place. An afternoon poolside brunch would have been much more appropriate. I purchased a few items on the ship including two watches. The price on sales days are similar to that of Costco. You won't get a bargain, but if you like the item it might be worth buying. All in all, it was a wonderful trip and I would highly recommend Royal Caribbean. Thank you Royal Caribbean!

Great Cruise!

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by LHalper

Thank you Royal Caribbean!
LHalper’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas price drops

Cabin 2092
I am disabled. The cabin was able to accommodate me comfortably. The shower was a little tight. There was place to store a wheel chair and walker, but it need to be folded to get in the door.
  Jewel of the Seas Deck Plans