3. Ruby Princess
We arrived in Fort Lauderdale a day before and stayed at the Comfort Inn in Hollywood. Fla. Nice room with a king size bed, fridge and microwave. Free shuttle from the airport and cruise port and breakfast included for $99. Embarkation - not a good impression, I must say. We spent 1.5 hours in line outside before spending another hour inside. Apparently there was a language barrier which held up our line. I was very surprised because I had heard that Princess was very good at this...maybe it was just a fluke. Our cabin was larger than i had expected and Ren, our cabin steward was the best. We had an obstructed view which was okay but next time I would get a balcony. Dining - I would say the food was good but not great. We chose the anytime dining and ended up eating with other people at our table most nights. We asked for a table to ourselves one night and were told it would be 40 minutes...we waited 5 minutes. I think I get it. We loved going out on the promenade deck late at night with a glass of wine and just relaxing. Maybe it's a first time cruiser thing, but I enjoyed it. The entertainment was top notch and there was always something to do. We hung out at the pool a few times but found it very hot and kind of boring. Went to the casino once and lost $10 - not big gamblers! We enjoyed Sabatini's and the Crown Grill very much - well worth the cover charge. Vines was fun as well. We did the wine tasting for $25 a person which was an interesting experience, we learned a lot. The galley tour was fun and a great opportunity to have a "behind the scenes" look. Can't wait til the next cruise!!

First cruise - LOVED IT!