3. Britannia
We selected this ship thinking it would be perfect due to the age and size, and how wrong were we. Who ever designed the ship needs to have a rethink. The whole layout is wrong. I felt it is crammed with cabins. Nothing is grand and giving off a wow factor. The service on the ship is average - nothing special. Staff are not really interested or bothered. The food in Horizon is just normal canteen food. hygiene on the ship is the worst I have ever seen, it's not policed at all by staff, people just walk past staff disinterested staff, water bottles being filled up at the water drink station again staff witnessed but nothing said. We had food in Merdian this was a hit and miss, you either had good service one night and awful service the next. My feeling is as soon as you get on the ship they want you to spend and spend. The drinks are expensive. Our room was ok we had an inside cabin but noise issues and complaining we were moved to a balcony- no way would I pay what some people paid for 23 nights. The entertainment was very poor, no real interaction in the day time, and night time was poor. P&O you really need to listen to customers and take on board what people are saying and learn from it. You have a British ship but yet hire Indian people....nice enough people but they are not giving the best customer service...and the reason is they don't speak 100% English. Would I go on P&O again my answer is definitely NOT, nothing special was given to me.

Never again - P&O flagship I think not

Britannia Cruise Review by DottyM

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

Who ever designed the ship needs to have a rethink.

My feeling is as soon as you get on the ship they want you to spend and spend.

The drinks are expensive.

DottyM’s Full Rating Summary