3. Viking Lif
My wife and I just finished 21 day cruise on the Viking Lif. First, the crew, officers, all staff were outstanding. Our stateroom Suite, only 8 of them, was also very nice. That is about it. Viking is rated about a 4 or 5 Star Cruise line and actually they are about a 2 Star. The cruise ports and times are very disorganized, sometimes arriving late afternoon and leaving late or arriving early and leave early. The times of ports are not posted in advance. At some ports you cannot get back to the ship via yourself or taxi because the ship will leave the port and they transfer you to the new port by bus at their designated time. They tie up next to another Viking and you look directly into the stateroom of that ship and have to walk through that ship to get outside. The food is very average with little variety and no snacks or anythiing offered between breakfast and lunch. You cannot get a sandwich of any kind unless maybe it is part of the lunch, no cheese selection of any kind or variety, they should at least offer a sandwich bar for guest that don't want there planned meals. I day we were offered hot dogs and hamburgers. They rush you through dinner as at 7 they want you down there and order almost immediately. There is basically no dress code at dinner so we packed way to many clothes, you can were tee shirts, jeans, flip flops, sneakers, ect. They have very few hand sanitizers hence the ship was a walking coughing factory by the end of the cruise. They offer no non-prescription drugs of any kind and you must wait for a port to get to a pharmacy. My wife developed, influenza A, on the ship and I am sure others did also . Upon arrival to America I had to take her to emergency, they could not get her a doctor appointment in a big port which would not have done any good anyway as they would most likely not have done X-rays and nasal swabs. They only offer CNN, BBC, so if you get fed up with them you cannot go to Fox International . They last thing , you can order juices for breakfast or lunch but say you want an apple juise or orange juice between those times they charge you $2.80 euros, which makes no sense. When compared the Wind Star, Oceania, Regent, or Crystal Viking cannot even come close.

Viking Lif, not close to 4 or 5 Star

Viking Lif Cruise Review by rtplate

• Sail Date: October 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Explorer Suite
Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Dear rtplate, Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on your experiences aboard a Viking cruise. While we are happy to know that our staff was outstanding, it is with great disappointment that we learn that the other aspects of the cruise did not meet expectations. Furthermore, we certainly hope that your wife is feeling better. To better understand your concerns, please contact our Customer Relations Department at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. We will be happy to connect you with an Agent to discuss your comments in detail. We look forward to connecting and wish you a lovely day. Sincerely, Viking Cruises
rtplate’s Full Rating Summary