3. Norwegian Getaway
This was my first time cruising, and I was super nervous about how I would like the experience (i.e. feeling cabin-fever, feeling claustrophobic, getting sea-sick, bad food, etc). Well, let me tell you, all of my worrying was for naught! I could not have had a better experience! My husband and I went on this cruise to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. Embarkation day was quick and painless, including the muster station drill! The ship itself was beautiful, clean, and modern. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was AMAZING! I mean, I would absolutely CHOOSE to frequent these restaurants while home! La Cucina was probably our favorite, but even the Garden Cafe (the buffet) was awesome...and honestly our preference for breakfast (we particularly liked the made-to-order omelette station). I was probably most surprised by the level of talent when it came to the entertainment on the ship. I was in no way cheesy (which was what I had previously assumed). They were all AMAZING!!! Our favorite was the "Howl at the Moon" Dueling Pianos. We ended up going there every night they were performing. The themed parties were also super fun. On the day of our anniversary, we headed to the spa and had a couples hot stone massage. We also had acupuncture. All of our spa services were of the same caliber as any 4-5 star spa at home. We also went to the gym which had good quality machines and weights. Fitness classes were also offered for a nominal fee (cycle, yoga, etc), although we didn't attend them. The gym also sponsored a morning and evening stretch which was complimentary. My husband enjoyed the casino, and had an overall great experience. The only negative feedback he shared was that he wished the there was better circulating cocktail service in the casino. Lastly, the ports were all great and we enjoyed all of our excursions. I do believe that Norwegian has turned me into an official ''Cruiser"!!!

Amazing Ship and Experience!!!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by nrebba730

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony Stateroom

nrebba730’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Family Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3 12216
AMAZING! I am very picky about bathroom appearances, but was very satisfied. The bedding was were even plush and nice. If you can afford it, splurge for the balcony cabin. We spent a good bit of time just sitting on the balcony, enjoying the sea and a tasty cocktail!
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Segway Tour
    Awesome! Our guides were super informative and funny! We ended the day at the beach, where we were able to stay for the rest of the day. The stretch of beach was tied to a restaurant that had some of the most amazing fresh salsa and guacamole. The margaritas were AMAZING!!!! The water was super clear. So much fun!
    View All 28 Segway Tour Reviews
  • Golfing
    NCL offered this as an excursion, but my husband and I were members of sponsored Country Club, so we set it up prior to leaving and played for free. The golf course was great and challenging. Loved the location, with jungle all around us. Because of this, we were able to enjoy some of the local wildlife (i.e. snakes, wild pigs, iguana, crocodiles, birds, etc)! We loved it! The staff was profession and accommodating. We also continued to enjoy the fresh salsa, guac, and margaritas. The port itself was very stimulating, with lots of great shopping and restaurants.
  • Harvest Caye
    Norwegian's private island. Gorgeous! Not many excursions offered. Just spent the day at the beach, but had a great and relaxing time. Appreciated that there were no haggling vendors!
    View All 1,121 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Harvest Caye Cruise Port Review
  • Miami
    Very friendly staff, and easy embarkation.
    View All 2,395 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Food was good. Had just rained so kind of cool and windy. A lot of vendors.
  • Hiking
    Enjoyed learning about the local greenery, history, and animals.
  • Ziplining
    Had a blast! Have some of the best ziplines in the Caribbean!
    View All 166 Ziplining Reviews