3. Royal Princess
I chose this cruise as I hadn't been to the Caribbean for a few yrs and I wanted to try this class of ship We had a delayed embarkation, as the ship had just returned from Europe so needed a full inspection. Got to ship around 1pm, waited about 10 minutes to get into terminal and from there it was the fastest ever. By 2pm we had dropped our carry-on off at room and were eating lunch in the Buffet. I was very pleased with the Royal Princess. The food was some of the best I've had. The new buffet layout was fantastic. Great variety and always fresh. Service was very good. Loved the huge Piazza, and all the entertainment they had there daily. Got upgraded to a Deluxe Balcony, but found it to have way less storage than a regular balcony. Missed the larger desk area with extra drawers. Really didn't use the sofa that much. I prefer to watch TV from the bed....lol Don't think I'd pick the category again. Lexi was a great cruise director Happy hr was well attended both in the afternoon in Crooners and evening in Club 6 Great DJ in Club 6 in the evening. Had lots of people up dancing. AJ Clark played in Crooners nightly and he was fantastic Comic AJ Jamal was hillarious... if your lucky enough to be on a ship hes on don't miss him Bands... Phoenix Rising and Party Band Atomic were lots of fun. Got lot's of people up dancing all the time. Found the production shows just ok. Seen better on the Ruby and Star Princess. The vocalists and dancers were very good, just didn't find the shows that good. Loved Voice of the Ocean Found lots to do on this cruise. The casino was the busiest I've ever seen. Most machines were in use all the time. Tables didn't seem as busy. Really the only complaints ' concerns I had are Ridiculously small balconies Princess Live venue is a joke, very impersonal Missed the Explorers lounge. Missed the aft pool, but did enjoy the aft terrace for meals from the buffet Huge line-ups for anytime dining before 7:30, after that no problem getting in to eat None of these complaints or concerns would stop me from cruising on the Royal or Regal again. I'm looking forward to the Royal coming to the West Coast in 2019 Ports of call were Aruba Bonaire Grenada Martinique St Thomas Princess Cays I enjoyed all the ports. Had arranged private tours with someone on Cruise Critic for Aruba, Grenada and Martinique. Just took a cab to the beach in Bonaire and enjoyed it there. Would like to go and spend more time there. Took a cab into town in St Thomas and was glad to see that it was starting to get back to normal. Lots of shops still closed because of the hurricane but they were very glad to see the cruise ships back. Our taxi driver said he still didn't have any power yet and didn't know when he would get it back. Its going to take a long time for the hotels to get up and running. Hadn't been to Princess Cays in years, and was very impressed with all the work they had done. Wish we had a longer stop there. Only there from 7-1:30 This was a very port intensive cruise, so was very tiring..lol I love "Sea days" so you get to enjoy the ship more. It's a very long day getting from the West Coast of Canada to Florida. You can fly to Europe faster..lol I used Ezair and found the price to be way lower than anything I could find and the connections were great. Just long travel days. Wish I could have stayed on for the next 10 day Western Caribbean cruise. Tons of "Brits" on board and I made some great new cruising friends!!! Like I said I really enjoyed the Royal Princess and hope to to on the Regal soon. Will definitely be my ship of choice when she comes to the West Coast in 2019

Great trip on the Royal Princess Southern Caribbean cruise

Royal Princess Cruise Review by senior lady

I was very pleased with the Royal Princess.

The food was some of the best I've had.

The new buffet layout was fantastic. Great variety and always fresh.

Service was very good.

Loved the huge Piazza, and all the entertainment they had there daily.

Lexi was a great cruise director

Great DJ in Club 6 in the evening. Had lots of people up dancing.

AJ Clark played in Crooners nightly and he was fantastic

Found the production shows just ok. Seen better on the Ruby and Star Princess.

The vocalists and dancers were very good, just didn't find the shows that good.

Loved Voice of the Ocean

Found lots to do on this cruise.

Really the only complaints ' concerns I had are

Ridiculously small balconies

Princess Live venue is a joke, very impersonal

Missed the Explorers lounge.

Missed the aft pool, but did enjoy the aft terrace for meals from the buffet

Ports of call were

Aruba

Bonaire

Grenada

Martinique

St Thomas

Princess Cays

Its going to take a long time for the hotels to get up and running.

This was a very port intensive cruise, so was very tiring..lol

I love "Sea days" so you get to enjoy the ship more.

Wish I could have stayed on for the next 10 day Western Caribbean cruise.

Tons of "Brits" on board and I made some great new cruising friends!!!

senior lady’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony
Cabin DE D 148
Cabin was a bit of a surprise. Felt much smaller than a regular balcony cabin.
I missed the larger desk area with the extra drawers. Didn't use the sofa that much.
As we got upgraded to this deluxe balcony....... I don't think I'd pay extra for it.
Everything else was the same as other balcony cabins.
I knew the balconies were small on this class of ship, but they really are ridiculously small. Hardly enough room for 2 people
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins