3. Crown Princess
To see the Yucatan ruins and to get away for a few days in luxury. If you read my reviews, you know that I generally only post positive experiences. This voyage of the Crown Princess from Ft. Lauderdale to the Yucatan for 5 days leaving November 13 has not been one of those. The standards for Princess have dropped since our cruise to Alaska in 2010 in so many ways and this has been an extreme disappointment. We have cruised on Holland, Windstar, Princess, and Carnival in the past and chose Princess this time because of our Alaska experience. The Dining Room, Da Vinci, especially for breakfast has been poor. The coffee and tea have either been stale or very watery, the omelet came out overdone and dry to where I could not eat it. My husband’s ham steak (per the menu description) was an 1/8 inch slice of ham curled in a ball. The buffets are overcrowded with no available seating. We pre-booked from home and paid for the Crown Grill where my husband’s well done request for a filet mignon to be butterflied came out black and burned through. The replacement was bloody in the middle to where he could not eat it. If you are on an early shore excursion you cannot make a reservation for anytime dining as you must call in specified hours, 8-5, and he recording says they will try to accommodate you if you come to the Dining Room in a disdainful tone. We got back 5 minutes late. And we found the shows overcrowded and impossible to get into because of people saving seats in rows for large parties and the cruise line made no accommodation as the seating is inadequate for the population of the ship. Our shore excursion to the ruins was advertised as 2 hours each way; it is actually 2 and ¾ hours there to one set of ruins and 2 and ¼ hours back from the second one with 2 hours and ¼ total at the ruins. The weather was beautiful, no road delays; this was an obvious misrepresentation. Signs of cost cutting and deteriorating service are everywhere in this environment and they are not subtle. There were so many opportunities for the staff to provide service recovery to make this right and they did not. We are so disappointed. Thank you for making this forum available.

So Disappointing an Experience

Crown Princess Cruise Review by lashjack

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony
To see the Yucatan ruins and to get away for a few days in luxury.

Thank you for making this forum available.
lashjack’s Full Rating Summary