3. Carnival Vista
I read numerous negative reviews before sailing and I tried to ignore them because I've always had the opinion of "you're on vacation, how can you have a bad cruise?". I honestly should have listened. I really wanted to love this ship but I really regret spending my money. EMBARKATION: we had an 11:30 time and arrived around 11:15. We had a suite so walked around the terminal for priority boarding. It didn't take long but we had numerous people confused about where we were supposed to go. It was a little unorganized. We were on the ship by 11:45 and went straight to our room. Room had not been finished but we were able to drop our stuff off and go get something to eat. SHIP: there are simply just too many people on this ship. Everything we wanted to do there was a line for. We were fine with taking the stairs if elevators were full or if it was a couple floors but at one point we waited 15 minutes for an elevator and ended up taking 7 flights of stairs because we could never get one. The elevator situation is awful. Casino is half the size of other ships and although the IMAX and thrill theater are really cool, I think it takes up too much space. They pretty much cut the size of areas in half to make room for extra cabins. There are not enough crew to manage this many people. Drinks take forever and wait times for anything are unacceptable. Never got a chance to do the sky ride or water slides because of this. There are also multiple areas of the ship that smell like sewage. DINING: Skip the buffet. They like to close sides while there are people already in line and make you walk to the end of the line on the other side. Choices are slim pickings and there are way too many people. Guys burgers are always good and thankfully that line moves quickly. Wanted to try the BBQ but the line was wrapped around the ship because it's only open two and a half hours on sea days. Steakhouse was okay, not impressed with the selections. Main dining room was SLOW. Be prepared to take an hour and a half if not longer to eat. There were only two of us which I think is absurd. Salad bar on serenity wasn't that great either, went twice and both times most of the toppings were empty. Very small selection of dressings as well. EXCURSIONS: Did the Jeep De Palm tour in Aruba. It was a good excursion but the Ostrich Farm was really cheesy. The guide tried too hard to be funny. In Bonaire we did the Mushi Mushi sail and snorkel. We really enjoyed this. They are great at what they do. In Curacao we took a $20 each way cab ride to Mambo Beach. You then pay $3.50 for a chair. This place is nice but gets very busy. In Miami we did the Everglades air boat tour. DO NOT take this tour. The bus is cramped and you have an hour and a half drive from the park to the airport where they drop you off on the international side of the terminal. We had to walk a mile to American Airlines. It was not worth the money. ITINERARY: They switched our schedule from Grand Turk, St. Maarten, St. Kitts and San Juan to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. We were not impressed with Aruba. Bonaire was beautiful. Curacao was okay. Overall, there are way better ships. I was so excited about this cruise and unfortunately i was very disappointed. Also, CHECK YOUR SAIL AND SIGN ACCOUNTS. We had to dispute 2 different charges we didn't authorize.

I really wanted to love it

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by julia_gulia

julia_gulia’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7226
For being a suite, it was a waste of money. Every single one of my previous balcony rooms on other ships were larger and although nice, our room steward only refilled our ice when we asked and didn't make it to our room one day/night at all. Our safe was locked open from the previous cruise and even after asking twice, it was never fixed to where we could lock up our belongings. We ran out of towels, always had dirty dishes on tables and our sinks/tub were always clogged. We even had maintenance come to fix the sinks and after they left noticed they were still filling up with water. They cleaned our balconies twice during the 8 days (which is fine) but left our chairs in front of the door both times to where it was difficult for us to make it out there. We shouldn't have had to re-arrange our balcony furniture ourselves.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins