My wife and I had a great time on our cruise to Rio de Janeiro from Miami. Our first time on an Oceania ship, we loved the food, the service and the refined atmosphere. Unexpected pluses were the string quartet, the quality of entertainment for a small ship, the the quality of the band on board, especially the bandleader and saxophonist, and the nightly opportunities for dancing.While the dinners in the dining room were uniformly very good to excellent, the surprise to us was the quality at the dinner buffet. Steaks, chops, chicken and fish grilled on requested, to lobster tails, and very good quality sushi, quiet atmosphere, at least for a buffet, was a big plus. Also, included specialty coffees available at the small bistro on deck 5 were wonderful, as were the smoothies at the Wave dining area poolside. I also recommend the wave for made to order burgers, grilled surf and turf and sandwiches. While we had a few more sea days than we would have liked, especially just before getting to Rio, the Brazilian ports were quite interesting, as was Devil's Island. We especially enjoyed the Recife/Olinda stop where we had a private tour. While we never booked a ship tour, we did hear many complaints about them and my decision to forego the O-life option of 8 excursions in favor of $800 of OBC. I did buy a 7 bottle wine package using the OBC for $47.50 a bottle (includes tip) but found these bottles fair at best. The one bottle guests seemed to enjoy, A Mondavi red blend ran out about halfway through the cruise. we had an outside cabin on deck 4 midship very conveniently located, and apparently better for passengers susceptible to seasickness. For many people the humid weather is not conducive to sitting out on a balcony.Almost forgot, the laundry room worked very well and $4 OBC used for a wash and dry was great.

Fascinating cruise to the Amazon and Rio

emweinstock’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Sirena price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin C1 4042
Not much to say. 165 sq ft is what it is. I bit small and tough to find room for all our clothes needed for the long trip.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins