3. AmaKristina
We chose AmaWaterways based on our experience with them on a prior cruise on the Danube River in 2016. We were not disappointed in any way with this October 2017 Rhine cruise either. The ship, dining, crew, activities, ports of call, and shore excursions all exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed every aspect of the cruise but especially the excursions on four of the seven days where we chose the Guided Bike Tours in Cologne, Rudesheim, Strasbourg, and Breisach. Another favorite was in Heidelberg where we chose the Philosopher's Path Hike. The golden afternoon sun shining down on the city in the Neckar Valley was absolutely fabulous. All of the bike tours and the hike in Heidelberg enabled us to stay physically active while enjoying sights that were away from the touristy and high traffic zones. Our guides were well qualified to lead these tours and gave us insights into the local culture and history. Thanks to our Cruise Director Dragan Reljic, I was able to recover my lost cell phone that I left behind in Mannheim. He, along with his entire staff, is one of the reasons we plan on booking another cruise on AmaWaterways to Provence in 2018. We know it will be a Bon Voyage!

Rhine River Cruise